Apple iLife '09 makes it easier than ever to get the most out of the photos, movies, and music on your Mac. With major additions to features you can organise and search photos by faces and places in iPhoto. Make great-looking movies in minutes and edit with precision in iMovie including additional advanced features and themes. Learn to play piano and guitar, or compose and record songs with the new guitar amps and stompboxes in GarageBand. Or design, publish and update your websites with iWeb '09.
Apple iPhoto '09
Organise and search your photos in even easier ways with iPhoto's great features:
- Easily find photos of the people in your life using Faces.
- Explore your library based on where you took each photo using Places.
- Instantly create stunning slideshows with animated titles and multiphoto layouts.
- Publish photos directly to Facebook and Flickr with a click.
- Create travel-themed photo books complete with custom maps.
Apple iMovie ’09
Create a movie in minutes or edit your masterpiece.
- Fine-tune your movies with the Precision Editor.
- Use enhanced drag-and-drop to easily edit your projects in just a few clicks.
- Smooth shaky clips with automatic video stabilisation.
- Apply themes to an entire project with matching titles and transitions.
- Add eye-catching animated maps to your travel videos with a few clicks.
- Choose animated titles, new transitions, and cinema-quality video effects.
Apple GarageBand ’09
Use Apple GarageBand to learn to play, have a jam session and record and mix your own songs.
- Learn to play piano or guitar at your own pace, with interactive lessons that combine video instruction with animated notation and instrument views.
- Let leading artists - including Sting, Fall Out Boy, and Colbie Caillat - teach you how to play their hit songs, then practice along with the band (GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in selected countries).
- Play and record with new guitar amps and stompbox effects.
- Jam with virtual instruments in Magic GarageBand using a full-screen view that lets you mix, play along, and record.
Design, publish, and update your own websites - no HTML required with the following fantastic features:
- Easily add YouTube videos, RSS feeds, iSight videos, and other dynamic content to your web pages.
- Link your iWeb site to your Facebook account and automatically notify friends when you update your site.
- Use built-in FTP publishing with virtually any web-hosting service.
- Easily manage multiple websites and publish one site at a time using MobileMe or FTP.
Turn your home movies and slideshows into gorgeous Hollywood-style DVDs.
- Get started quickly with Apple-designed themes featuring animated menus.
- Author customised DVDs with a range of options for customising menu screens.
- Combine video and photos for stunning, high-quality slideshows.
Back to top
- Mac OS X v10.5.6 Leopard or later (Mac Box Set available separately includes OSX Leopard, iLife09 and iWork09)
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor.; iMovie requires an Intel-based Mac, Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster); GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended. High-definition video requires at least 1GB of RAM.
- Approximately 4GB of available disk space.
- DVD drive required for installation.
- QuickTime 7.5.5 or later (included).
- AVCHD video requires a Mac with an Intel-based Core Duo processor or better. Visit iMovie '09 Camcorder Support for details on digital video device and format support.
- 24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Please consult the owners manual or manufacturer directly for audio device specification and compatibility.
- Burning DVDs requires an Apple SuperDrive or compatible third-party DVD burner.
- Some features require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply.
Back to top
||1GB of RAM, Approximately 5GB of available disk space, Display with at least 1280x768-pixel resolution, DVD drive required for installation