Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your hardware product's original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple's award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, Mac OS X, and Apple applications such as iLife and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac and Apple display through convenient service options.
AppleCare Protection Plan main features
One stop for service and support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage*
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your work site
- Mail-in repair for portable computers and Apple displays: Mail in your Mac or Apple display using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardwear coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world. What’s covered:
- Your Mac computer
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, or Time Capsule**
- MacBook Air SuperDrive (for MacBook Air and Mac mini with Snow Leopard Server only)
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
Software support included
Whether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics.
- Using the Mac OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac or Apple display is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty.
If you purchase an Apple Display with your Mac, the AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac covers both the computer and the display.
For Mac computers preconfigured with Mac OS X Server, the plan covers server administration and network management issues using the graphical user interface of Mac OS X Server. For advanced server operation and integration issues, purchase AppleCare OS Support.
*Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
**The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
Back to top
Back to top