The Blackmagic Cinema Camera for film makers provides a timeless beauty of feature film quality to your production work. At the heart of the camera is a 2.5K image sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range and it supports recording for 12-bit RAW DNG files, as well as ProRes and DNxHD formats to built-in removable SSD drives (2.5" Solid State Disk not included). The camera is compatible with a wide range of Micro Four Thirds lenses and features LCD touchscreen monitoring, plus metadata entry.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera: Key Features
- 2.5K Image Sensor
- 12-bit RAW, ProRes & DNxHD formats
- Records to removable SSD drives (not included)
- 13 stop Dynamic Range
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p frame rates
- LCD touchscreen with medadata entry
- SDI video output and thunderbolt port
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- 2x 1/4" jacks for audio input
- Micro Four Thirds (MFT) Fit lens mount (lens not included)
- Blackmagic camera comparison guide.
Move to Digital Film
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it’s perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac and Windows is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it’s perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
13 Stop Dynamic Range
Regular video cameras clip video so you are locked into images that look cheap. Blackmagic Cinema Camera eliminates this problem as it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic. This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. This means you keep all sensor data so you can make creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading!
EF and Passive MFT Mount Models!
Now the Blackmagic Cinema Camera comes in two models, depending on the lens mount you want so you can use the most amazing optics from the world’s leading lens crafters. The original EF compatible mount model lets you use Canon and Zeiss lenses with full electronic control of your lens iris and more. The new Passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) gives you compatibility with a wide range of manually operated lenses, while also being easily adapted to other mounts such as PL mount via third party adapters. With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process! Entering metadata is easy. Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically!
Building one of the finest cameras in the world requires attention to every detail. Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s premium quality design features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit RAW uncompressed and compressed file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality, so this means you always get the quality you need for the most demanding work.
Built-in SSD Recorder
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a built-in SSD recorder that allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video formats. All file formats are open standard and used by NLE software so you get the only camera designed from the ground up to be part of a whole post production workflow! When you’ve finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color your shots straight from the disk!
Back to top
- Sensor Size: 15.81mm x 8.88mm
- Raw Resolution: 12-bit RAW files recorded at 2400 x 1350
- Shooting Resolutions: 2.5K RAW at 2400 x 1350. ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Dynamic Range: 13 stops
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking
- Iris Control: Compatible with any manually operated iris based lens
- Lens Mount: EF and ZE mount compatible with electronic iris control.
- Screen Dimensions: 5" and 800 x 480 resolution
- Screen Type: Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support: Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords
- Controls: Onscreen touch menus and physical buttons for recording and transport control
- Microphone: Integrated mono microphone
- Speaker: Integrated mono speaker
- Mounting Options: 3 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting points on top of camera. / 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount with locator pin
- Power: Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery / 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter
- Battery Life: Approximately 90 minutes
- Battery Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours when not in use
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 10-bit HD-SDI 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range. When recording is set to 25p or 29.97p with SDI Overlays switched off, the SDI output format is 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 respectively
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels in HD-SDI
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
- Computer Interface: Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audio. USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates and configuration
- External Power: 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter
Back to top
||90 minutes (approximately)
||Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
||166.2 x 87.66mm x 126.49mm
||Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT, Sun Shield, Camera Strap, Turret Dust Cap, 12V AC Adapter
||2432 x 1366
||RAW, ProRes, DNxHD
|Screen Size (Inches)
||166.2 x 113.51 x 126.49mm
||Micro Four Thirds
||HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30.
||SDI Video Output
||15.81mm x 8.88mm
||2.5K RAW at 2400 x 1350. ProRes and DNxHD at 1920 x 1080
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £65.30
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.