Thanks to everyone who entered the Jan/Feb Black & White themed competition! We had a huge number of wonderful entries so although it's going to be a tough one to judge, we're aiming to pick the winners next week.
Moving on to the next competition though, there's going to be a slight change this time around in that we're going to run this next theme across one month instead of two - which means more competition prizes and more themes to get involved with throughout the year.
The March Google+ competition theme is All Creatures Great & Small, whether it's a creative portrait of your beloved pet, a bug photographed in your own backyard, an incredible wildlife image and everything in between - the opportunities are vast, as long as the subject of your photo is of the animal variety. Use your imagination to show us your best 3 images that sum up what this theme means to you.
How to Enter
If you’re new to Google+, it’s quick and easy to sign up, set up a profile and start sharing your photos.
Once you’re up and running over on Google+ add the Wex Photographic page to your circles.
Post up to 3 of your most relevant all creatures big & small photos by midnight on Sunday 31st March 2013 and be sure to:
- include a short caption or description
- tag your post with both our page +Wex Photographic and the comp tag #winwithwex (this step is important, it’s how we’ll track and see all the entries!)
If you’re entering images that are already in your Google+ photo albums, just re-share your entries to your timeline and be sure to follow the instructions above when you post them to make sure they’re tagged correctly. Here's an example of how to do it and what it should look like...
We're looking forward to seeing and sharing your entries along the way. This time, our top 3 favourites will win…
1st Prize: £100 Wex Photographic Voucher
2nd Prize: £50 Wex Photographic Voucher
3rd Prize: £25 Wex Photographic Voucher
If you have any questions about the competition, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments below.
Please take the time to read the terms & conditions for the competition:
Wex Photographic Google+ Photography Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Wex Photographic Google+ Photography Competition is subject to the Google Terms of Service.
- Entries close at midnight on Sunday 31st March 2013.
- Winners will be announced within 28 days of the competition closing date and will be notified via Google+.
- The competition is open to UK residents only
- No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
- Copyright of the image remains the property of the photographer.
- All images must be original and belong to the person uploading, unless the photo is a composite and uses some elements of other people’s images but only when you have been authorised by the copyright owner to edit and upload the new version.
- You agree to accept all liability for the legality of content you submit and will not hold Wex Photographic Ltd. responsible for any damages that result.
- You acknowledge that you have sufficient written permission of any recognisable models or other persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant Wex Photographic the right to publish your photographic submission online and hereby grant us such right. If we are contacted by a subject of one of your photos asking for it to be removed we will do so.
- Entrants are only permitted to submit a maximum of 3 entries. Multiple submissions under alternative user profiles are not permitted.
- Copyright for images submitted for the Wex Photographic Google+ Competition remain with the respective entrants. However, by entering the competition you agree to allow Wex Photographic to feature any submitted images for the purpose of promoting the competition, including (but not limited to): in print, online and/or for display in our showroom.
- Wex Photographic reserve the right to amend the competition terms at any time.
Here are a few wildlife photography inspired posts on the Wex Blog to get your creative juices flowing...
Leopards, Lava & Lizards: an interview with photographer Sue Flood - I interviewed an award winning wildlife & travel photographer Sue Flood. There are some incredible images and stories that she's shared with us in the post.
Lessons from safari - A post by yours truly on the lessons I learned about photography on safari after a trip to the Maasai Mara in Kenya.
Wild Bird Photography - Another Wex team member, Melvin, is our resident bird photography expert and he kindly shared some valuable advice and wonderful images in this write-up.
Lastly, Ben Weeks once wrote about attracting wildlife to your home to photograph and tips for taking photos in your own backyard, which just goes to show you don't need to go to the ends of the earth to get great wildlife images.