Fancy joining the pro photographers in the pit at London Fashion Weekend? Enter our competition below to win one of 35 places with Canon …
September sees the return of one of the hottest events on the British fashion calendar and we’re offering you the chance to photograph a show. In association with Canon, we are giving away 35 places in the photographers’ pit at London Fashion Weekend so that you can hone your skills alongside the pros.
The event will take place on Friday 23rd September at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea. To apply, fill in your details below prior to 12pm on Friday 9th September. If you have won a place, we will let you know no later than Monday 12th September. Due to the expected high volume of requests, we will only be able to contact those who have been allocated a space.
Who can apply
Please make sure you read all the details below before applying for a space.
Allocation of tickets is entirely at our discretion, although priority will be give to those who were not offered the chance to shoot a recent London Fashion Weekend show with Wex Photographic (so please do not apply if you were).
As this opportunity is offered in association with Canon, priority will be given to Canon users. Places are strictly limited, so please only apply for a place at the event if you are able to attend. We can only allocate one place per person.
Time and place
The show itself will take place at the Saatchi Gallery from 7pm on Friday 23rd September, though winners will be required to meet at a nearby venue for briefing two hours prior to the start of the show. Successful applicants will be informed of the full details by email.
- There will be a briefing and technical assistance before the show begins.
- You must bring your own camera(s) and lenses as well as memory cards and batteries. Equipment will not be provided by Canon on the day.
- You will need to make your own travel arrangements to/from London and to the venue.
- You will be asked to sign an image waiver before entering the main show space. Images taken during the show are not to be sold in any capacity whatsoever. You are allowed to upload them to your personal webpage and portfolio but images cannot be used for any advertising or commercial use.
- During the day various filming, photography and broadcasting takes place. By your presence at London Fashion Weekend, you grant permission for your likeness and voice to be included in pictures and/or on film and their exploitation and advertising without compensation or credit.
- More information will be provided to the winners prior to the event.
Terms and Conditions
1.1 The promoter is Wex Photographic, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich. NR3 2BT.
1.2 The competition is open to everyone over the age of 18; exceptions are employees of Wex Photographic and anyone connected with the prize draw.
1.3 The competition opens at 9am on Monday 8th August 2016 and closes at 12pm on Friday 9th September 2016. Entries received after this point will not be entered into the competition.
1.4 Winners will be notified within three days of the competition closing. Should any winners not respond to any notifications within two days, Wex Photographic reserves the right to offer these places to other entrants.
1.5 The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor an alternative offered, unless there are circumstances beyond our control, in which case a prize of equal value will be offered.
1.6 Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries, although these will be initially drawn from applicants who use Canon gear and who have not previously taken part in a similar event with Wex Photographic and Canon.
1.7 The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1.8 The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook