Do you fancy being named Wex Photographer of the Year 2014 and walking away with £1000 worth of Wex vouchers? Then read on!
Many of you enter our #WexMondays competition on Twitter each week, sharing your images for a chance win vouchers to spend at Wex Photographic. For 2014, however, we’re spicing things up, awarding one lucky winner the title of ‘Wex Photographer of the Year 2014′ and £1000 worth of Wex Photographic vouchers to spend on anything they like!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Monday, we’ll ask for you to submit your favourite image captured during the previous week on Twitter. Make sure you’re following us and tweet your image any time on a Monday until midnight, making sure to include #wexmondays so that we can find it.
- The judging panel at Wex Photographic will decide on their favourite shot and also chose a runner-up, with entries judged on technical excellence and creativity.
- Each week’s winner will win a £10 Wex Voucher and will be awarded 50 points, while each week’s runner-up will be awarded 20 points. All point scorers will be placed on a leaderboard; the person with the highest number of points at the end of the year will be named the ‘Wex Photographer of the Year 2014′ while the person with the second highest number of points will be named as the runner-up.
‘Wex Photographer of the Year 2014′ title
£1000 worth of Wex Photographic vouchers
£500 worth of Wex Photographic vouchers
£10 Wex Photographic voucher (issued during that week)
The first weekly competition will take place on Monday 13th January so make sure
you’re following us on Twitter and look out for our tweet on the day. Good luck!
Don’t have a Twitter account?
Make sure you enter as many weekly competitions as you can to stand a chance of winning the overall competition!
Competition terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is Wex Photographic, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich, NR3 2BT.
2. Each entrant is allowed one entry per person per week to the weekly #WexMondays competition. Multiple entries from different accounts will not be permitted, nor will joint entries or entries from accounts that represent multiple users, and points cannot be carried over from one Twitter account to another.
3. The winner of each week’s #WexMondays competition will be awarded 50 points and a £10 Wex voucher while the runner up will be awarded 20 points. Winners and runners-up will be placed on a leaderboard in order of points awarded, which will be made available on www.wexphotographic.com.
4. Only entrants who submit a maximum of one image along with #WexMondays, via their own Twitter account, will be entered into the weekly #WexMondays draw. Images must be in the JPEG format and multiple entries will not be accepted. Images can be submitted anytime on a Monday until midnight for that week’s contest, and must have been captured at any point during the week prior to that contest. Images submitted on any other day, or found to have been taken on a day other than the ones specified above will not be eligible for entry.
5. The Wex Photographer of the Year (WPY) 2014 competition closes at 11.59PM on Monday 22nd December 2014. Entries for the #WexMondays competition submitted after this point will not be accepted. The WPY overall winner (i.e the entrant with the highest number of points after the last weekly competition has taken place) and runner-up (i.e the entrant with the second highest number of points after the last weekly competition has taken place) will be announced within 28 days of the WPY competition closing.
6. The WPY winner will receive £1000 worth of Wex Photographic vouchers. The runner-up will receive £500 worth of Wex Photographic vouchers. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given, however, Wex Photographic retains the full and free right to alter prizes should circumstances change beyond our control.
7. Judging of entries for each week’s #WexMondays competition will be carried out by employees of Wex Photographic. Should there be a tie between two or more entrants after the final weekly #WexMondays competition, a professional photographer of Wex Photographic’s choosing will be asked to decide on a winner and runner up.
8. By submitting images to the competition you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the image and that it is your original work. Wex Photographic reserves the right to ask entrants to supply a high-resolution and/or Raw version of any submitted image (with metadata embedded) in order to verify any images it suspects may not be the photographer’s own work. Anyone found to be entering images belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
9. You retain all copyright over any images submitted, although by entering you agree for your images to be used by Wex Photographic for the purpose of promoting the competition online.
10. Competitions are open to all UK residents aged 16 years and over as of 1st January 2014 except employees of Wex Photographic, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
11. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise. The winner’s announcement will be made on Twitter and at www.wexphotographic.com
12. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, although if the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of the competition closing of the competition closing, Wex Photographic reserves the right to offer the main prize to the runner up, and to award the runner-up prize to the entrant with the third highest number of points from the weekly #WexMondays contests.
13. No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
14. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Wex Photographic reserves the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these conditions.
16. Wex Photographic reserves the right to amend the terms of competition terms at any time.