The first in a new class of Canon lenses, the CN-E18-80mm T4.4 cine-servo zoom with EF-mount is a 4K-ready video lens designed for handheld shooting. A bridge between traditional Canon EF photography lenses and CN-E cinema lenses, the lens is ideal for filmmakers and documentary shooters who want the control and quality of cinema optics with the lightweight, compact design and features of photography lenses. Its cinema-style, large-format design brings high-end quality cine-servo features, such as super-smooth servo zoom and focus, and it's also fully compatible with Dual-Pixel AF cameras like the C100 Mark II and C300 Mark II.
- From NAB 2016, Canon brings out a cine zoom for the masses and a high-ISO Super 35mm camera head.
View the full article here... »
- Zoom lens covering 18-80mm focal length
- Optical zoom of 4.4x
- Constant Brightness and consistent performance across range T4.4 (equivalent of f/4)
- Servo and manual operation to suit shooting movies or professional applications
- Colour balance consistent with EOS Cinema lens series
- 3 types of image stabilisation
- Compact size and lightweight
- 4K superior level of optical performance
- 9 blade iris for attractive bokeh
- Minimal focus breathing
- Detachable servo for shoulder style operation (optional)
(when used with EF mount EOS DSLR and Cinema EOS cameras)
- Peripheral illumination correction: Reduced lens vignetting. Benefit: Maintain evenness of illumination from corner to corner even when shooting wide open.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF): Fast smooth and consistent autofocus. Benefits: Track moving subjects and achieve more natural focus pulls/transitions.
- One-shot AF: Quickly focus on the main subject at the centre of the screen with one button. Benefit: Good for grab shots or when you are prioritizing focus in the centre of the screen.
- Continuous AF: Keep the subject at the centre of the screen in focus automatically. Benefit: Track subjects at the centre of the screen automatically.
- Push Auto Iris: Compensates backlit/difficult lighting situations during manual shooting. Benefit: Automatically adjusts the aperture for an optimal exposure.
Professional cine optics for videographers
From movies and documentaries to weddings and corporate videos, the Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S (Compact Cine Servo Lens) is designed to answer the needs of professional shooters and advanced amateur videographers. With a powerful 4.4x optical zoom and 18-80mm focal length, the lens is an ideal all-purpose lens, weighing only 1.2kg but including precise servo zoom and focus functions for a smooth professional look and feel in all your shots.
All the advantages of EF mount compatibility
Designed to work with Canon EF mount DSLRs and compatible detachable lens video cameras, the Canon Compact Cine Servo Lens takes advantage of the huge range of Canon EF mount functions, including 3 modes of image stabilisation and super-fast autofocusing. Powerful Dual Pixel CMOS AF means you can quickly and accurately focus with a single push of a button, while continuous AF lets you track your subject without losing focus. Peripheral illumination correction helps maintain an even illumination across the entire frame, while the lens and camera will remain in constant communication, from lens metadata acquisition for easier post-processing to even allowing you to select a ‘T’ number or ‘F’ number on your camera’s display.
One of the hallmarks of great video is depth of field, helping draw the eye and focus the viewer’s attention on your subject. Achieving a distinctive, out-of-focus bokeh effect for your videos is simple – the Canon Compact Cine Servo Lens employs a 9-blade iris, resulting in points of light rendered in a pleasing bokeh that will make your work stand out.
Reduced focus breathing
Using still photography lenses for video projects means ‘focus breathing’ can be an issue. Focus breathing is the subtle distortion of perspective that takes place as a lens zooms in and out, but as a dedicated videography lens, the Canon Compact Cine Servo Lens has been engineered to reduce focus breathing and keep distortion to a minimum.
The Canon Compact Cine Servo Lens is built to be future-proof. Canon engineers have ensured its resolving power is accurate, from the middle of the lens to the edge, while its modulation transfer function (MTF) has been optimised for the requirements of 4K cameras. With reduced chromatic aberration and colour balance matched perfectly to other Canon Cinema EOS lenses, the Canon Compact Cine Servo Lens provides incredible image quality whether you’re shooting in 4K or HD.
Optional ZSG-C10 detachable servo grip
Back to top
Designed exclusively for the Compact Cine Servo Lens, the optional Canon ZSG-C10 zoom grip creates whole new shooting opportunities, allowing super-smooth remote activation of the zoom servo and one-shot AF. Connected to the lens body via a 20-pin cable, the ZSG-C10 can be operated while mounted on the lens barrel (for comfortable shoulder-mounted shooting), or detached from the lens and used handheld. The ZSG-C10 includes an easy-to-control rocker switch, start/stop record button, one-shot autofocus button and an adjustable grip angle for optimal comfort.