The Cokin Black and White Kit is ideal for the enthusiast or professional black and white photographer. The kit contains: P001 Yellow Filter, P002 Orange Filter, P003 Red Filter, and P004 Green Filter. In landscape photography and B&W mode, the Yellow filter improves the contrasts between clouds and sky. For portrait, it lightens the faces and blonde hair at the same time as it softens freckles. The red filter is great for creating extreme contrasts, especially in the sky for landscapes. The green is often used in landscape photography and B&W mode because it lightens the nature and especially the greenery scenes (forests, fields etc). Cokin's orange filter increases the contrasts between reds and yellows. It darkens the skies, accentuates clouds and strongly subdues ambient light. For architecture photography, it helps to bring out the texture of the monuments' stones. Please note that the P-series adapter ring and adapter rings are not included and must be purchased separately.
Cokin Landscape Kit Includes:
- P001 Yellow Filter
- P002 Orange Filter
- P003 Red Filter
- P004 Green Filter
Please note that the P-series filter holder and adapter rings are not included and need to be purchased separately.
Introduction to the Cokin Filters
There are 4 different sizes of filters to choose from: A series / P series / Z-Pro professional series and X-Pro professional series. The Cokin P Series are for large diameter lenses up to 82mm. Recommended for focal lengths from 28mm onwards (35mm format). Specially adapted to today's digital SLRs. Filters are 84mm wide.
The Cokin size chart
What are Cokin filters made from?
CR-39 Organic Glass: All Cokin filters are manufactured from CR-39 organic glass - originally launched for the vision lens industry, CR-39 organic glass boasts several major features:
- Extra lightweight
- Highly resistant to shocks, meaning that photographers, videographers and cameramen can handle the filters in complete confidence and safety
- Excellent optical transmission and high compatibility to colouring, making Cokin filters the proven choice of photographers worldwide
How the Cokin System works
The Cokin Creative Filter System consists of three main components: A filter holder / Adapter ring and a Filter.
1. Screw the adapter ring onto your lens.
2. Slide the filter holder on the adapter ring until it snaps in place. The filter holder is now solidly attached to the lens, yet it can rotate both left and right.
3. Slide the filter into one of the filter holder slots. The one closest to the filter holder housing is the narrowest; it allows the use of round filters with notched edges (polarizer, star filters..). The two central slots are intended for square filters. The outer slot can be used either for an additional filter or for a coupling ring.
Back to top
Back to top
||84 x 84 mm