The Drobo DR04DD30 4 Bay Storage Array utilises the revolutionary BeyondRAID storage technology that protects data against a hard disk crash, yet it is simple enough for anyone to use. As long as you have more than a single disk in Drobo, all data on Drobo is safe no matter which hard disk fails. Drobo holds up to four hard drives, can expand anytime, and supports up to 16TB on a single volume as disk sizes increase. Safety and speed go hand in hand, with FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 the Drobo 4 Bay Storage Array provides you with peace of mind and the high performance and interface you need.
Drobo DR04DD30 4 Bay Storage Array
- FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 compatible)
- Enhanced USB 2.0 performance
- Quieter, cooler operation
- Redundant data protection
- Hot expandable up to 16TB
- The ability to take advantage of mix and match drive capacities
- SATA I or SATA II hard disk drives (Full or half-height)
- No carriers required
- Choose the drive manufacturer, capacity (mixed capacities ok), and spindle speed or cache that fits your current storage needs
Your library of data grows every moment and now your storage solution expands in seconds too. Drobo holds up to four hard drives, can expand at any time, and supports up to 16TB on a single volume as disk sizes increase. Choose how big you want your Drobo today with any combination of drives capacities. Yes, you can mix and match drive sizes. Check out the Drobo Capacity Calculator to try it out for yourself.
Protection from a Drive Failure
Protecting your data from a hard drive failure can be a challenging task. Not with Drobo. As long as Drobo has two hard drives, it protects you from a drive failure. If a drive happens to fail, you do not lose access to data, which means that you can keep on working. Just swap out the failed hard drive and replace it with a new SATA drive of any size.
FireWire 800 & USB 2.0
With FireWire 800 alongside USB 2.0, Drobo has the right connectivity options to connect to your Mac or PC. It’s the perfect solution for both primary and backup storage of large media and productivity files such as video, photos, music, audio, and troves of documents and spreadsheets. FireWire and USB cables are even included.
Drobo PC Backup
All Macs have Time Machine, but how do you back up your Windows PC? Backing up your PC to a Drobo is as easy as using Drobo with Drobo PC Backup, now bundled with Drobo, Drobo S, Drobo FS, and Drobo B800fs.
DroboPro: RAID without Regrets
Every Drobo product comes with the revolutionary BeyondRAID storage technology — the next generation of redundant disk protection. BeyondRAID will not only keep your data safe, but also will increase uptime and availability. BeyondRAID technology offers several improvements over traditional RAID-based storage systems, including the flexibility to replace failed disks, increase capacity and with a single click switch between single and dual-disk redundancy all without costly downtime.
Back to top
Data Sharing Ethernet Interface
- Interface: Firewire 800 (2) and USB 2.0 (1)
- Number of Ports: 3
File System Options
- Windows: NTFS
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Cross-Platform: FAT32
- Linux: EXT3
- Power: Auto sensing 110v or 220v
- Weight: 12lbs
- Operating Temperature: 10°C-35°C (50°-95°F)
- Operating Altitude: 2,438m (8,000 ft)
- Drobo Dashboard (optional): Microsoft® Windows® OS, Apple® Macintosh® OS-X v10.5.8 or later (Intel Only)
- Expansion Bays Total (Free): 4 ( 4 ) x internal - 3.5-inch
- Supported Device: Hard drive
- Storage Controller Type: Serial ATA
- Hard Drive Type: Internal
- Total Array Capacity: 16 TB
Back to top
||FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 compatible) and USB 2.0
||Drobo, 6 ft USB 2.0 cable, 6 ft FireWire 800 cable, 6 ft power cord with power supply (100 ? 240V AC, 50/60 Hz), Quick Start Card, Drobo Resource CD, which includes the Drobo Dashboard application
||152.4 x 160 x 271.8 mm
||Mac and Windows systems and supports HFS+, NTFS, and FAT32 file system formats