Baader's Fringe Killer filter minimises the blue fringing sometimes present in images, as well as any red fringing of 656nm or more. Light transmission remains good, so the image should still be bright and clear.
- Offering the brightest image of all colour correcting devices in the industry
- The Fringe-Killer is a must for even the smallest of refracting (lens type) telescopes
- Removes blue fringing as well as RED fringing above 656 nm
The Baader Fringe-Killer Filter minimises unwanted blue fringing, comparable to a Minus-Violet-Filter, while retaining a very pleasing colour balance. This is made possible by applying modern DWDM plasma assisted coating technology, allowing almost a hundred coating layers to be accumulated onto a planoptically polished substrate – without destroying the optical figure. This fine optical tool will help a small refractor to really put the advertised magnification within reach. Its performance rivals that of the most expensive colour correcting lens systems, costing twenty times as much.
Back to top
- Forms a ‘plateau’ of transmission in the blue spectral region from 450nm to 480nm.
- Retains the highest light transmission of all known colour correcting devices - be it filters or lenses – in all important deep sky wavelengths from 486/501 up to 656 nm.
- Built-in Infrared Blocker, ranging from 656nm to 1150nm, makes it the perfect tool for CCD work, as well as afocal projection-photography with digital cameras.
- Subtlest of colour variations remain visible in planetary surface detail, due to the excellent colour balance.
- Combine with Baader 31.7mm Red RG-610 colour filter, to receive an ultra narrow (70nm) wide H-alpha passband filter with 95% peak transmission.
- Combine with Neodymium Moon & Skyglow Filter (with Phantom-Group-Multicoatings) for breathtaking contrast on lunar and planetary surface detail.
- Planoptically polished, means perfect sharpness, even when mounted way in front of a binocular viewer, or during afocal projection.
- No deterioration of resolution with magnification at 300 times or more – as it would happen with the usual ‘flame polished’ (raw polished) glass, commonly used for all sorts of filters.
- Coating: Plasma assisted, hardest, scratch proof and water impermeable dielectric coatings of almost 50 coating layers on either side, most carefully designed to extend equal tension onto either side of the substrate – in order to retain a highest quality optical figure.
- Will make the performance of a simple f/8 economy refractor look like a classic f/15 Fraunhofer-Achromate.