The Bushnell Natureview 8x42s are a pair of rugged, non-slip rubber binoculars specifically aimed at the serious birders and naturalists. The ultra-close focus capabilities get you intimate with the details, while the BaK-4 roof prisms and fully multi-coated optics ensure superior light transmission, brighter and clearer images with edge-to-edge sharpness. Extended eye relief (17.5mm) reduces eyestrain for eyeglass wearers during long observation periods. Its waterproof and fogproof construction make them perfect for the budding nature observer.
The Key Features
- 8x magnification, 42mm diameter lenses
- Close focus 1.7m
- BaK-4 roof prisms for bright, clear, crisp viewing
- Fully multi-coated optics for superior light transmission and brightness
- Textured center-focus knob for easy, precise adjustments
- Rugged, non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock
- Waterproof/fogproof construction
- Adapt to tripod: no
- Twist-up eyecups
- Field of view (m@1000m): 131
8x42 - What does it mean?
Back to top
Binoculars are often referred to by two numbers separated by an "x". For example: 8x42. The first number is the power, or magnification, of the binocular. With an 8x42 binocular, the object being viewed appears to be eight times closer than you would see it with the unaided eye. The second number in the formula (8x42mm) is the diameter of the objective or front lens measured in millimeters (mm). The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters the binocular and the brighter the image.