The G-Technology 4TB G-Speed eS External Hard Drive Array with four 1TB 7200rpm, 3.5" 3Gbit SATA hot-swappable drives and 3Gbit eSATA connectivity is a high-performance storage solution for serious video and photo content creators. Made out of aluminium, this compact and whisper quiet G-Speed eS drive supports multi-stream SD, Pro Res 422 and uncompressed HD workflows.
The Key Features
- Capacity: 4TB - 4x 1TB drives
- High-speed, low-cost RAID designed specifically for professional content creation applications
- Whisper quiet aluminium enclosure features (4) hot-swappable drives and 3Gbit eSATA connectivity
- Supports multi-stream SD, ProRes 422 and uncompressed HD workflows
- 4-port, G-Tech PCIe x4 RAID controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10 & JBOD
- Four hot-swappable Ultrastar enterprise-class 7200 RPM, 3.5" 3Gbit SATA drives each with up to 32MB cache
- Web-based configuration and management
- Auto-rebuild and email notification
- Removable "smart" cooling fan ensures reliable operation and data integrity
- Unique industrial design, compact all aluminium enclosure
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
High-Speed RAID for Video Editing Applications
G-SPEED eS RAID solutions provide professional content creators with outstanding performance, high storage capacity and fail-safe operation at an unprecedented low cost per gigabyte. The compact and whisper quiet G-SPEED eS sports a 3Gbit eSATA interface and features four hot-swappable Ultrastar™ enterprise-class 7200 RPM 3Gbit SATA hard drives. When used with the G-Tech RAID controller, a single G-SPEED eS in performance mode (RAID 0) easily supports uncompressed 8-bit,1080/60iHD video capture and playback. Two G-SPEED eS units in fail-safe mode (RAID 5) support 10-bit, 1080i and more! As many as four G-SPEED eS enclosures can be attached to a single workstation to support up to 64TB of storage with speeds in excess of 600MB/second! Storage for multi-stream uncompressed SD and HD production has never been easier or more affordable!
When used with the G-Tech PCIe x4 RAID controller, G-SPEED eS can easily be configured as a RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or as a JBOD. This flexibility enables the system to be tuned to the required level of performance and fault-tolerance necessary to support your application. G-SPEED eS can also be set up as a software RAID or JBOD when used with third party port multiplier aware eSATA host adapters.
Easy to Setup - Time Machine ready!
G-SPEED eS has a built-in Web GUI that is accessed via any local internet browser. This simple GUI is used to configure and monitor the RAID system. Many aspects of the system are monitored, including power supply voltage, fan RPM and the temperature of the RAID controller & hard drives. In the event of a problem, G-SPEED eS can send an email message to up to four recipients.
* G-SPEED eS is NOT compatible with G-SPEED eS PRO.
Back to top
Back to top
||1 x 3Gbit, eSATA
||G-SPEED eS Storage Unit, (4) Removable Disk Modules, 1 Metre eSATA Cable
||210 x 124 x 166 mm
||Mac® OS X® 10.3.x or higher, Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/7