The Firecrest ND 1.8 is a solid 100x100mm neutral density (ND) filter with 6 stop reduction to allow the use of longer exposures and a wider aperture. Firecrest ND is a revolutionary new type of ND filter from Formatt-Hitech. Rather than dyed resin, Firecrest is a carbon metallic coating used to create hyper neutral NDs. The filters are made from 2mm thick Schott Superwite glass, and the multi-coating is bonded in the middle to increase scratch resistance. Firecrest Filters are neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared. Compatible with the Formatt Hitech 100mm Filter Holder (not included, available separately).
Features: 100x100mm (4x4") Firecrest ND
- 100x100mm filter reduces light by 1-10 stops
- Firecrest technology is hyper neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared
- Made from 2mm Schott Superwite glass, the finest optical glass available
- Fits the Formatt-Hitech 100mm holder system, so a single filter is usable on multiple lenses
- Made in the UK on the most advanced computer-controlled manufacturing equipment in the industry
About Firecrest ND Coating
Back to top
FirecrestND is a quantum leap improvement over all previous generation ND and IRND products and represents the technological state of the art in scientific light modification. Firecrest is a radical departure in how ND filters are manufactured. Previous generation NDs were made by dying resin. Firecrest is not a dying process. Rather, Firecrest is a carbon metallic multicoating process that is applied directly to the glass through an electrolytic process.
Circular filters feature the Firecrest coating on the outside, making them anti-reflective and hydrophobic. On rectangular filters, the Firecrest coating is sandwiched between optical glass, increasing scratch resistance and longevity. Firecrest reduces all spectrums of light (UV, visible, near infrared and infrared) almost perfectly evenly. Firecrest filters are made from Schott Superwite glass.
Back to top
||100 x 100 mm