Tuesday 25th April 2017. Officially designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty, the Cotswolds is known for being one of the most quintessentially 'English' and unspoiled regions of the UK. With its gentle hillsides, river valleys and delightful honey coloured villages there is plenty to offer the photographer. Whether you are a beginner or enthusiast, shoot digital or film, this workshop is designed to help develop your skills as a landscape photographer, visiting some of the most picturesque locations the Cotswolds has to offer.
Date: Tuesday 25th April 2017 (one day workshop)
Who is the workshop aimed at?
This workshop is aimed at anyone wanting to improve their photography. You will receive both practical and technical advice, as well as individual guidance and hands on demonstrations in the field. There will be a maximum of 10 photographers.
What will I learn?
We will cover some of the main aspects of landscape photography to include:
- Working with light - the vital role light plays in landscape photography
- 'Finding' the image - pre-visualisation & composition
- The relationship between shutter, aperture and ISO
- Lens choice
- Depth of field and focusing
- Metering and exposure
- Use of appropriate filters
- Understanding white balance and colour temperature
The workshop will comprise of a full day of photographic tuition and practical demonstrations out in the field, transport to all locations, coffee/tea and a packed lunch. We will start at 8:45 and run through until dusk.
What isn't included?
- Transport to and from the Cotswolds
- Insurance - please ensure that you insure your photographic equipment. You are also are advised to take out cancellation insurance, such as offered by cancellation plan
How fit do I need to be?
Very little walking is necessary for this workshop making it suitable for all fitness levels.
Photographic equipment recommended:
Compact, bridge or SLR camera, a tripod and a cable or remote release. Whilst not essential, you may benefit from bringing a neutral density graduated filter/s and a polarising filter. Before buying any equipment or if you are unsure of what to bring, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note this is not a Wex workshop. For further information please visit the workshop provider's website Image Seen Website.
Back to top
Back to top