Condition : 10
Filter appears as new, filter is free of cosmetic marks and scratches.
Boxed complete with all original accessories.
Designed for long-exposure photography, the Lee 100x100mm Little Stopper reduces the light entering the lens by up to 6 f-stops. Lee’s Little Stopper is for low-light conditions at the beginning and end of the day (when the Big Stopper's 10 stops may prove too much), allowing you to enjoy increased flexibility with exposure lengths and create ghostly, time-passing effects to anything that moves ...
Back to top
Designed for long-exposure photography, the Lee 100x100mm Little Stopper reduces the light entering the lens by up to 6 f-stops. Lee’s Little Stopper is for low-light conditions at the beginning and end of the day (when the Big Stopper's 10 stops may prove too much), allowing you to enjoy increased flexibility with exposure lengths and create ghostly, time-passing effects to anything that moves (e.g. water, clouds, people etc.).
Key Features: Lee Little Stopper 6x
- 6-stop long exposure ND filter
- 100x100mm high-quality glass
- Expands creative options
- Allows the use of slower shutter speeds
- Great for landscape photographers
- Creates a smooth blurred effect in the water and clouds
- Compatible with the 100mm Holder/Foundation Kit
- Lee Filter Holder required
- Lee Adaptor Ring required (check your lens' thread size)
The Lee Little Stopper is fully compatible with the Lee 100mm Filter Holder/Foundation Kit (not included) and comes with a smart, protective tin case.
Little Stopper Overview:
The Little Stopper can give increased flexibility with exposure lengths in the lower light at the start and end of the day. This often means that detail and texture can be retained in areas of movement such as the sky and water, while still conveying a sense of time passing.
With a meter reading of 1/8sec at f/16, for example, your exposure with the Little Stopper would become 8 seconds at f/16. In many shooting conditions, this means that detail and texture in areas of movement such as the sky and water would be retained, while still conveying a sense of time passing.
Before (without the Little Stopper)
After (with the Little Stopper)
Compatible with your existing 100mm System
The Little Stopper is manufactured with the same concern for standards as every other LEE Filter product. Like its Big Stopper sibling, this long-exposure filter has a slight blue cast, which can be corrected at post-production if shooting RAW, or in camera by adjusting the colour temperature to between 7000-8000K (a few simple test shots should reveal the extent of adjustment required).
How to use a Stopper
- First compose your image before fitting the Stopper.
- Take a meter reading without the filter in place, and set your desired aperture and shutter speed.
- Use the exposure tables to find the correct exposure. Your filter will have come with a printed exposure table.
- With the Stopper inserted into the slot nearest the lens, attach the filter holder as usual and make your exposure.
- Always use the sturdiest tripod you can when making long exposures, and take care not to knock the camera or tripod. Cover your viewfinder before releasing the shutter to avoid light encroaching onto the sensor or film and causing flare.
How to use a Stopper with Jonathan Chritchley
In this video fine art photographer Jonathan Chritchley demonstrates how to get the most from your Stopper filters. Features practical tips and creative inspiration for anyone exploring long exposure photography. He demonstrates the Big & Little Stopper but the techniques and advice are also applicable to the Super Stopper.
Professional hints: Combining a Stopper with other filters
All the Stopper filters can be used in conjunction with other filters such as Neutral Density Graduated Filters. This gives an even greater level of control and creative possibilities.
Keep the Stopper closest to the lens
Other filters should be set up and positioned in the filter holder as normal before using the Stopper filter. Remember to keep the slot nearest the camera free for the Stopper. Ensure the foam seal is facing the backplate to prevent light getting behind the filter and causing flare.
What is the Lee system?
At the core of the LEE Filters system is the holder, which comes assembled with 2 filter slots but can easily be adapted to take up to 4 filters. The holder is designed to be compatible with 100mm filters – our standard width. To fit the holder to the lens, an adaptor ring is required.
Back to top
Back to top
||100 x 100 mm