Condition : 9
Flashgun shows very little signs of use, flash shows very few cosmetic marks and scratches including light general marks to the flash and some light scratches to the ir sensor cover.
Fully checked and tested in full working order.
Flash is supplied with box, manual, pouch.
The Metz 58 AF-2 Digital is the successor to the 58 AF-1 flashgun and has been equipped with a new metal hot shoe base and a quick lock system making camera attachment easy with one single movement. Refinements such as the revised motor zoom mode and an improved high performance flash tube further increase the longevity of the product. The Mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital also offers a new servo flash ...
Back to top
The Metz 58 AF-2 Digital is the successor to the 58 AF-1 flashgun and has been equipped with a new metal hot shoe base and a quick lock system making camera attachment easy with one single movement. Refinements such as the revised motor zoom mode and an improved high performance flash tube further increase the longevity of the product. The Mecablitz 58 AF-2 digital also offers a new servo flash release functionality triggered by the integrated camera flash, making off camera flash possible using cameras without a master function. The slave/servo sensor has been integrated into the front of the flash unit to increase the transmission quality of wireless flashes for both the new Servo facility and the Slave TTL wireless flash in Master or Slave mode. The wide-angle diffuser has also been adapted for illumination of wide-angle focal lengths from 12mm (135format).
November 2012 - In the first of our 4-part Guide to Lighting Options, Steve Aves explains the basics of using on-camera flash. Of course, the three main benefits of flashguns have to be portability, ease of use and cost but how should buy one and are there any downsides?
Read more... »
Metz 58 AF-2 main features
- High max. guide number 58 for ISO 100/21° and 105mm (230 full flashes with 2100mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries)
- Secondary reflector with 2 light levels
- Vertical (-7/+90°) and horizontal (300°) swivel reflector
- Illuminated dot matrix LCD display with Flash Range indication and Flash Ready indication on flash and in camera
- Motor zoom for 24–105mm illumination, Integrated wide-angle diffuser for 12mm coverage, Flip-out reflector card
- Modelling light (permanent light to check image illumination)
- Integrated autofocus multi-zone flash metering
- Recycle time 0.1 - 4.5 secs depending on power source and flash output
- Metal base with quick lock
- Firmware update via integrated USB socket
- E-TTL / E-TTL II flash mode
- Camera-specific servo flash mode, Servo flash mode +pre-flash suppression
- Automatic flash mode with 12 automatic apertures, Manual flash mode with 25 partial lighting levels, Strobe flash mode
- HSS – high speed synchronisation, 1st and 2nd shutter curtain synchronisation
- Power supply: 4 x AA batteries
Back to top
Back to top
||i-TTL, i-TTL BL
||Belt Pouch and Slave Stand
|Maximum Guide Number
||4 x AA Batteries
||71 x 148 x 99 mm