The Pentax K-S2 with 18-135mm WR lens is the world's smallest dustproof, weather-resistant digital SLR camera with a 3.0" variable-angle LCD monitor, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity and Full HD movie recording. The K-S2 boasts a 20.1-megapixel CMOS sensor with an anti-aliasing filter simulator, which can be turned on and off and allows the user to minimise moiré and adjust the level of effect to suit a particular scene or subject. Additional features include a wide ISO range of 100-51200, Full HD movie recording, 5.4 fps continuous shooting, an optical viewfinder with 100% coverage and an in-body shake reduction system which compensates for camera shake to deliver sharp, blur-free images.
Pentax K-S2: Key Features:
- 20 MP stabilised CMOS sensor with AA fi lter-less
- Advanced anti-moire function
- Sensitivity up to 51 200 ISO
- Full HD recording with 30 fps frame rate
- Movie time lapse 4K
- Continuous shooting 5.5 fps
- Vari-angle 3" 921K dots LCD
- AF SAFOX X with 11 AF points
- Built-in Wifi and NFC
- Viewfinder 100% Field of View
1. The world's smallest dustproof, weather-resistant body*
The K-S2 camera body is not only designed to be compact and portable, but also dustproof and weather-resistant. One hundred seals have been applied to crucial parts of the body to prevent the intrusion of rain and dust into the interior, making the K-S2 a perfect choice for a wide range of outdoor activities, including mountain climbing, camping and sports events. Included in its lens kits is a super-compact zoom lens, with a length of just 41 millimeters in the stored position despite its weather-resistant construction. The combination of the K-S2 camera body and this lens creates a highly portable digital imaging system.
2. Variable-angle LCD monitor for easy image viewing
The K-S2 comes equipped with an Air Gapless LCD monitor, which has a special resin layer applied between the protective panel and the LCD screen to effectively cut down the reflection and dispersion of light and assure excellent visibility. This monitor also features a variable-angle design for the first time in a PENTAX digital SLR camera, allowing the user to set the monitor to the desired viewing angle and simplify high- and low-angle shootings. By rotating the monitor 180 degrees to face the subject, the user can activate the self-portrait shutter button, which is provided in addition to the regular shutter-release button, to keep a firm hold of the camera when shooting self portraits.
3. High-precision autofocus system with SAFOX X module
The K-S2 features the state-of-the-art SAFOX X AF sensor module, which assures responsive, high-precision autofocus operation. With its 11 sensors including nine cross-type sensors in the middle, this AF system assures pinpoint focus on a subject at a minimum brightness level of as low as –3 EV. Its select-area expansion function ensures that the sensor module keeps tracking a moving subject, even when the subject moves out of a pre-assigned auto-tracking area, by assessing the distance data collected by neighboring focus sensors. Its AF hold function maintains the in-focus position, even when the AF system loses track of the subject after once capturing it in focus. These advanced functions combine to improve the camera's accuracy in the detection of moving subjects.
4. High-resolution images produced by an image sensor with approximately 20.12 effective megapixels and a super-high sensitivity of ISO51200
The K-S2 features a high-performance CMOS image sensor with approximately 20.12 effective megapixels to deliver super-high-resolution images. It is also designed without an optical AA (anti-aliasing) filter to optimize the imaging power of its high-performance image sensor. By coupling this image sensor with the high-performance PRIME MII imaging engine, the K-S2 delivers true-to-life, fine-gradation images by effectively minimizing noise at all sensitivity levels, even during super-high-sensitivity shooting at ISO 51200.
5. In-body shake reduction (SR) mechanism, and anti-aliasing (AA) filter simulator for effective moiré reduction
1. In-body SR mechanism - The K-S2 features a PENTAX-developed SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism to effectively minimize camera shake and assure sharp, blur-free images, even in camera-shake-prone conditions such as when using a telephoto lens, shooting low-light scenes with incident light only, or photographing sunset scenes.
2. Innovative AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator** - By applying microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the sub-pixel level during image exposure, the K-S2’s AA filter simulator provides the same level of moiré-reduction effect as an optical AA filter. Unlike an optical AA filter, which always creates the identical result, this innovative simulator lets you not only switch the AA filter effect on and off, but also adjust the level of the effect, so the user can effortlessly apply the desired effect to a particular scene or subject.
3. Supportive shooting functions - The K-S2’s SR unit has a flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all direction, by shifting it horizontally (left/right) and vertically (up/down), and even rotating it. Taking advantage of this flexibility, the K-S2 provides a host of handy shooting functions, including ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography in combination with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Unit.
6. Optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view
Despite its compact body, the K-S2 is equipped with a glass prism finder featuring the same optics and coatings as those used in higher-level models. With a magnification of approximately 0.95 times, it provides a broad, bright image field for easy focusing and framing.
7. High-speed shutter to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focus
The K-S2 provides a top shutter speed of 1/6000 second to assure sharply focused images, even with fast-moving subjects. Coupled with its high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of approximately 5.5 images per second, it lets the photographer freeze once-in-a-lifetime shutter opportunities in beautifully focused images.
8. Wireless LAN compatibility for easy access to smartphones, for the first time in the PENTAX K series
The K-S2 features wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) functions to provide better access to smartphones and tablet computers. It also provides NFC (Near Field Communication) functions for easy pairing with NFC-compatible smartphones and other communications devices, simply by bringing the K-S2 into proximity with a target device. Also by installing the newly developed, exclusive Image Sync application on a communications device, the user can effortlessly control the K-S2’s aperture, shutter-speed and ISO-sensitivity settings, release its shutter, check the live-view image, and even browse and upload recorded images onto SNS sites such as Facebook remotely.
9. RICOH-original image-processing technologies
The K-S2 features a Clarity Enhancement - a RICOH-developed imaging technology designed to capture the subject’s texture and unevenness more truthfully and produce a more true-to-life depiction of the subject based on the human visual characteristics. Also provided on the mode dial is a new A-HDR (Advanced HDR) position, which combines the Clarity Enhancement with the conventional HDR mode that composites a single, extra-wide-gradation image from three images taken at differing exposures. Thanks to this new mode, the user can capture more dramatic, painting-like HDR images with great ease.
10. An assortment of photo-shooting tools for creative, personalized expressions
The K-S2 provides a choice of 11 Custom Image modes for flexible control of various parameters, as well as nine digital filters. Coupled with 19 distinctive Scene Modes and the hands-off Auto Picture mode, the K-S2 assures simple, quick selection of the desired shooting mode for a given scene or subject.
11. Dual electronic dials
The K-S2 provides a pair of electronic dials: one on top of the grip, and another on the back panel. In the P (Program) mode shooting, for instance, the user can control the aperture and shutter-speed settings independently using these dials, allowing more intuitive camera operation without the need to remove the eye from the viewfinder.
12. Full HD movie recording
Equipped with a built-in stereo microphone, the K-S2 captures beautiful Full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels; 30/25/24 frame rate) in the H.264 recording format, along with natural, lively stereo sound. It also assures flawless, high-quality movies even with fast-moving subjects. It even provides advanced movie functions, such as a 4K Interval Movie mode that connects still images recorded at a certain interval to create a single movie file, and a Star Stream mode to fade in and out the traces of stars to recorded movies.
13. Other features
- 77-segment, multi-pattern metering system for high-precision light measurement
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism for effective elimination of dust on the CMOS image sensor using ultrasonic vibration
- Self-timer functions usable in continuous shooting mode
* The world’s smallest model in the dustproof, weather-resistant digital SLR camera category (as of February 1, 2015, based on RICOH IMAGING research).
Back to top
** This function is most effective with a shutter speed of 1/1000 second or slower. This function is not available during HDR (High Dynamic Range) shooting.
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £19.53
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.