The Quantum Qflash 5d-R ("d" for digital and "R" for Ratio) is the latest evolution in Quantum's proven Qflash portable flash line. The new 5d-R series used with Quantum's FreeXwire digital radio system, now support wireless control of all dedicated camera-flash functions-Manual, TTL, Auto, Auto-fill and TTL-Ratio-up to 500 ft. away!
Key Features: Quantum QFlash X 5d-r
Qflash "Digital" models T5d and X5d are "dedicated" to the latest digital and film camera systems through its own QTTL through-the-lens dedicated exposure control. Parabolic reflectors produce softer, cleaner light. And they quickly interchange for bare bulb, wide angle, diffused, and telephoto reflectors.
Qflash "digitals" are smaller and lighter than their predecessors. Flash heads swivel and bounce and lock into position with one button control.
In addition to full dedication Qflash operates in Manual, Auto, TTL, and Strobo modes. In automatic mode, Qflash power adjusts in 1/3 steps over wide ranges-- from f/1.4 to f/22 for ISO 100 film- in 25 precision settings. In manual mode Qflash displays 19 power settings from full to 1/64th power, in 1/3 step increments.
Multiple flash set-ups are easier because Qflash units communicate and coordinate through control cables, or wirelessly via FREEXWIRE digital transceivers. Do wireless QTTL, A-TTL, D-TTL, E-TTL, auto, and even change settings on remote Qflashes.
Model T5d gets its power from Quantum Turbo®, Turbo 2x2, or Turbo Compact. Model X5d connects to a Qpaq, Lumedyne*, or Norman* 200/400 to create "portable studio" systems.
Qflash power exceeds that of typical shoe-mount and handle-mount flashes, which allows for greater distances, bigger shots, and much more bounce power. That, combined with its studio quality light give professionals just the portable lighting they need.
Quantum's QTTL system is fully dedicated to popular camera systems, such as Nikon*, Canon*, Contax*, Mamiya*, and more. Using the QTTL adapter for your camera, Qflash "Digitals" display and track the camera f/number and film speed set in the camera, allow for rear curtain sync, and provide infra-red auto focus assist.
QTTL adapters can offset Qflash output between -3 to +2 stops (in 1/3 steps) in relation to the f/number setting on the camera. Evenif your camera doesn't support fill/flash ratio, the QTTL ratio setting tracks the camera aperture as it changes, providing automatic fill/flash ratio.
Digital and film cameras that employ "pre-flash" metering are also supported by Quantum's QTTL adapters.
- Full TTL Dedication for new digital and film cameras.
- Automatic Fill Mode: This mode allows setting fill flash ratios when used with one of the new QTTL adapters. Fill-flash ratios can be controlled even for cameras that do not have fill-flash capabilities.
- Automatic Sensor Limit: This option limits the distance the Qflash sensor "sees" when in Auto mode, This prevents subject "blow out".
- A Qflash 4 with QTTL adapters lets you use Sensor Limit in Program, Auto and Auto/fill modes, while the flash exposure tracks the camera f/number settings .
- Quick Turn off: For temporary turning off the flash.
- Twice as many Program Modes.
- Flash exposure indicators on four sides blink for visual confirmation that the flash is OK, under or over exposed, or did not fire. Audible indicators can alsobe turned on, off, or listened to with an earphone.
- The Qflash "Program Mode" gives you instant access to your most frequently used settings. Pre-set any Mode (auto, manual, QTTL, Strobo, Main/Remote) and any settings (f/#, ISO, power, etc.) into as many as 8 memory positions Then, when you're on the job, a single button push jumps from one pre-set memory to the next.
- In Automatic and Auto-fill, over/under exposure values are now shown in 1/3 stopincrements on the LCD readout.
- Qflash settings can be calibrated to light meter readings by the photographer for personal fine tuning.
- Flash exposure indicators on four sides blink for visual confirmation that the flash is okay, under or over exposed, or did not fire.
- Twin accessory sockets accept control cables that coordinate multiple Qflash units.
- Flash heads swivel and bounce and lock into position with one button control.
- Modeling light feature for Qflash T4d.
- Flash counter display gives total number of flashes up to 99, can be reset at any time.
- The new back slanted design properly balances Qflash for bracket mounting.
- Reflectors lock quickly into position with a twist.
*Requires the FW10w FreeXwire Digital Transceiver for Wireless TTL
Back to top