A new standard in 3D audio capture, lifting Virtual Reality audio production to a new professional level. With the AMBEO VR mic you are able to record sound that immerses the listener. It caters exactly to the needs of VR content creators, allowing you to capture the experience and spirit of any location and enable the listener to experience it as if they were there.
Key Features: Sennheiser AMBEO 3D VR microphone
Developed in cooperation with VR content producers and fine-tuned through an extensive creators program, with participants from across the audio and VR communities.
Capture the world in a new spatial way
The easy-to-use AMBEO VR mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with 4 matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the sound that surrounds you from a single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360° content.
Benefit from a design developed with you in mind
By means of the VR Creators Program, Sennheiser made sure to involve the professionals of the industry in the realization of the AMBEO VR mic right from the beginning. They developed a comprehensive product package including many well-conceived accessories that allow for a smooth workflow, not least the A-B encoder software that works as a plugin, seamlessly embedded in your post-production process.
Technology for you to shape the future of audio
The AMBEO VR mic works with ambisonics, a multi- channel spherical technique that lets you capture the sound arriving from all directions, at a single point in space. For playback, this representation is rendered binaurally, allowing you to virtually rotate the orientation of the perspective in all directions, horizontally and vertically. Ambisonics is also supported by all of the major post-production and playback tools on the market today. This makes ambisonics the appropriate tool for Virtual Reality and all other applications involving 3D sound and interactively controlled audio. This is a tool you can use to create new worlds of sound.
Enjoy peace of mind with Sennheiser quality
With its history of 70 years as a trusted and innovative company, developing top-notch professional microphones with high-quality capsules, you are entitled to expect a lot from the Sennheiser brand: reliable, robust German-engineered products. Rest assured: we deliver – and also provide excellent customer support as well as a 2-year warranty with every product.
- Dimensions: 215 mm x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle: Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight: 1.060 kg
- Microphone connector: DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M
- Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern: 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up (FLU), 2: front-right-down (FRD), 3: back-left-down (BLD), 4: back-right-up (BRU))
- Nominal impedance: Approx. 200 O
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 O
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply: 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity: Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference: Centre of the capsule holder
- Mixing to B-format: W = FLU + FRD + BLD + BRU / X = FLU + FRD – BLD – BRU / Y = FLU – FRD + BLD – BRU / Z = FLU – FRD – BLD + BRU
Included in your purchase:
Back to top
- AMBEO VR Mic
- Balanced split cable 4x XLRs 3-pins
- Extension cable, 1.5m, DIN12F to DIN12M
- Rycote suspension mount
- Foam windshield
- Proprietary A-B format Encoder, available in VST plugins (Mac OS X and Windows) and AAX
- plugins (Mac OS X)