A new standard in 3D audio capture, lifting Virtual Reality audio production to a new professional level. With the AMBEO VR mic you are able to record sound that immerses the listener. It caters exactly to the needs of VR content creators, allowing you to capture the experience and spirit of any location and enable the listener to experience it as if they were there.
Key Features: Sennheiser AMBEO 3D VR microphone
Developed in cooperation with VR content producers and fine-tuned through an extensive creators program, with participants from across the audio and VR communities.
Capture the world in a new spatial way
The easy-to-use AMBEO VR mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with 4 matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the sound that surrounds you from a single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360° content.
Benefit from a design developed with you in mind
By means of the VR Creators Program, Sennheiser made sure to involve the professionals of the industry in the realization of the AMBEO VR mic right from the beginning. They developed a comprehensive product package including many well-conceived accessories that allow for a smooth workflow, not least the A-B encoder software that works as a plugin, seamlessly embedded in your post-production process.
Technology for you to shape the future of audio
The AMBEO VR mic works with ambisonics, a multi- channel spherical technique that lets you capture the sound arriving from all directions, at a single point in space. For playback, this representation is rendered binaurally, allowing you to virtually rotate the orientation of the perspective in all directions, horizontally and vertically. Ambisonics is also supported by all of the major post-production and playback tools on the market today. This makes ambisonics the appropriate tool for Virtual Reality and all other applications involving 3D sound and interactively controlled audio. This is a tool you can use to create new worlds of sound.
Enjoy peace of mind with Sennheiser quality
With its history of 70 years as a trusted and innovative company, developing top-notch professional microphones with high-quality capsules, you are entitled to expect a lot from the Sennheiser brand: reliable, robust German-engineered products. Rest assured: we deliver – and also provide excellent customer support as well as a 2-year warranty with every product.
- Dimensions: 215 mm x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle: Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight: 1.060 kg
- Microphone connector: DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M
- Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern: 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up (FLU), 2: front-right-down (FRD), 3: back-left-down (BLD), 4: back-right-up (BRU))
- Nominal impedance: Approx. 200 O
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 O
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply: 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity: Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference: Centre of the capsule holder
- Mixing to B-format: W = FLU + FRD + BLD + BRU / X = FLU + FRD – BLD – BRU / Y = FLU – FRD + BLD – BRU / Z = FLU – FRD – BLD + BRU
Included in your purchase:
Back to top
- AMBEO VR Mic
- Balanced split cable 4x XLRs 3-pins
- Extension cable, 1.5m, DIN12F to DIN12M
- Rycote suspension mount
- Foam windshield
- Proprietary A-B format Encoder, available in VST plugins (Mac OS X and Windows) and AAX
- plugins (Mac OS X)
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £58.68
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.