Designed for full-frame, the Sigma fit 20mm f1.4 DG HSM Art lens adds to the already impressive Sigma Art series of Global Vision lenses. The wide 20mm focal length and fast f1.4 maximum aperture means it is well-suited to handheld shooting in low-light, in addition to landscapes, architecture, travel, events and astrophotography.
- World’s first* 20mm F1.4 lens - thanks to advanced lens manufacturing technologies
- The ideal high-speed lens for snapshots and much more
- Art line delivers high-level artistic expression
- Metal lens cap available (sold separately)
- SIGMA USB DOCK makes customisation and flexible adjustment possible
- New SIGMA GLOBAL VISION product lines are setting new benchmarks for image quality
1. Advanced technologies make possible a 20mm F1.4 lens
- World’s first* 20mm F1.4 lens - thanks to advanced large-diameter aspherical lens manufacturing technologies
To offer an ultra-wide-angle 20mm focal length and F1.4 brightness at wide-open aperture, this lens incorporates a large double aspherical lens 59mm in diameter. Lenses of this type had been considered extremely difficult to manufacture, but SIGMA took on the challenge to realise an F1.4 ultra-wide-angle lens that fulfils the strict performance requirements of the SIGMA Art line. What made this breakthrough possible were SIGMA’s advanced manufacturing technologies, which the company has developed over time by producing a wide range of ultra-wide-angle and large-aperture lenses. For example, milestone lenses such as SIGMA 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG ASPHERICAL HSM, SIGMA 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM, and SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art were completely original products that helped SIGMA develop outstanding design and production know-how and its current high-precision, high-efficiency production system. In turn, these advances made possible the new SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art. Moreover, SIGMA’s advanced optical design minimizes distortion, transverse chromatic aberration, sagittal coma flare, and the reduction of brightness toward the edges of the image. Delivering top performance even at wide-open aperture, this lens can be considered the culmination of SIGMA’s Art line.
- Minimised chromatic aberrations
This lens minimises chromatic aberrations, a common issue in large-aperture ultra-wide-angle lenses. It features two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion)* glass and five SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimise transverse chromatic aberration, which is mainly visible around the edge of the image. The optimised lens power distribution helps minimise axial chromatic aberration. As a result, this lens delivers high image quality in every situation without colour smearing, and its rendering performance is consistently sharp with high contrast.
*FLD glass is ultra-low-dispersion glass that offers performance of the highest level. Highly transparent, its refractive index and dispersion are extremely low as compared to conventional types of glass. It offers characteristics very similar to those of fluorite, which is valued for its high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics minimise residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum), which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass, while helping to produce sharp, high-contrast images.
- Minimised distortion
Distortion is a common issue in wide-angle lenses, and it is not possible to correct it simply by changing the aperture value. For this reason, a lens must be designed from the start to minimise this issue. By adjusting the incidence angle of light starting with the first lens element and incorporating optimally positioned aspherical glass elements, the SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art lens minimises distortion throughout the entire image.
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
From the start of the design process, SIGMA took steps to minimise flare and ghosting and establish an optical design that is resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight. At the prototyping stage, SIGMA used not only simulations but actual photographic experiments to assess flare and ghosting under multiple criteria, identify the causes of these issues under a wide range of situations, and take measures to mitigate them. In addition, SIGMA’s Super Multi-Layer Coating helps further reduce flare and ghosting and provide sharp, high-contrast images even in backlight conditions.
2. The ideal high-speed lens for snapshots and much more
- Top-level performance for the ultra-high-megapixel era
At the dawn of the film camera, there was very little high-sensitivity film, and bright lenses that worked well in low-light conditions came to be known as “high-speed lenses.” These lenses are ideal for shooting indoors, in the evening, under cloudy skies, or in any low-light situation. Since the SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art provides the benefits of an ultra-wide angle lens with minimal distortion, it is ideal for photographing landscapes, starry skies, and architecture. In addition to capturing wide-angle shots with the whole scene in focus, the photographer can leverage wide-open aperture to take snapshots with the subject in focus and the background blurred with an attractive bokeh effect. Designed for ultra-high-megapixel digital cameras, this high-performance lens delivers outstanding resolution and high-clarity image quality even at wide-open aperture.
3. Art line delivers high-level artistic expression
- SIGMA is organising all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines: Contemporary, Art, and Sports, each with a distinctive concept. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line lenses deliver high-level artistic expression. Offering astonishing rendering performance that meets the highest standard, they are perfect for landscapes, portraits, still-lifes, close-ups, and casual snaps. They are made for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. A powerful ally in every genre of photography, SIGMA’s Art line lenses excel both in the studio for formal works and outdoors for impressive shots of architecture, starry skies, and many other scenes.
4. Metal lens cap available (sold separately)
- Matching the high-quality finish of the lens exterior, the optionally available metal lens cap LC907-02 will go on sale simultaneously with the lens. Featuring materials identical to those of the lens barrel, this metal lens cap establishes a new level of unity within SIGMA’s new lens lines.
5. SIGMA USB DOCK makes customisation and flexible adjustment possible
- SIGMA USB DOCK for SIGMA GLOBAL VISION lenses (optional)
With the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, you can update your lens firmware and adjust the focus position and other settings. Simply connect the lens to the SIGMA USB DOCK and the dock to a computer to use the dedicated SIGMA Optimization Pro software and perform various types of customization and adjustment.
6. New SIGMA GLOBAL VISION product lines are setting new benchmarks for image quality
- High-quality design features
In our new product lines, the lens caps and AF/MF switches are newly designed to improve usability. To ensure precise operation, internal parts feature generous use of metal and Thermally Stable Composite (TSC)*, which is highly compatible with metal parts. The lens barrel is engraved with the year of release for instant access to this information.
* TSC offers thermal expansion characteristics similar to those of aluminium. Parts made with TSC deform less, making lens construction of extremely high precision possible. As compared to polycarbonate containing 20% glass, a commonly used material, TSC offers approximately 70% higher elasticity. As compared to polycarbonate containing 30% glass, it offers 25% higher elasticity. (Comparison is between SIGMA-produced components.)
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system: A1
We used to measure lens performance with a Modulation Transfer Function (MTF) measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we have developed our own proprietary MTF measuring system (A1)* using 46-megapixel Foveon direct image sensors. Even previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. All SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art lenses are checked using this A1 system before they are shipped. * A1: Aizu1
- Made in Japan
With only a few minor exceptions, all of SIGMA's manufacturing, including moulds and parts, takes place under a single integrated production system in Japan. We are now one of the very few manufacturers whose products are truly made in Japan. We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people. We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of SIGMA products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology. Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts.
- Rounded diaphragm
The 9-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Hyper Sonic Motor ensures high AF speed
The Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures silent, high-speed autofocusing, while the optimised AF algorithm helps realise even smoother AF performance. At any time during AF, users may access MF simply by rotating the focus ring. This feature makes faster focus adjustment possible, since there is no need to use the AF/MF focus mode switch. Also, the optional SIGMA USB DOCK allows the user to set the lens to conventional full-time manual focus override.
Note: The operation of full-time MF may vary based on mount type.
- Brass bayonet mount
This lens features a brass bayonet mount of highly precise and durable construction. A special surface treatment enhances the mount’s strength and long-term wear-resistance.
- Mount Conversion Service available*
An experienced lens manufacturer offering a diverse range of interchangeable lenses, SIGMA provides the innovative Mount Conversion Service, in which we change the mount of a lens in one of our new product lines to another mount of your choice (charges apply). This service can give new life to your favourite lenses when you wish to use them with a different camera body.
* If you require Mount Conversion Service, please contact your nearest SIGMA subsidiary or authorized distributor.
Back to top
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £27.36
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.