The Sony VRD MC5 DVD DVDirect DVD Burner is a must-have device for backing up and sharing videos without using a PC. Simply connect your camcorder to the device and by pressing the burn button on top you can start your archiving as easily as turning on a telly!The Sony VRD MC5 can be used with digital and analogue camcorders, standard definition or high definition.
- Burns analogue and digital video directly to DVD
- No PC needed
- USB interface for higher speed video
- Large 2.5" coloured display makes it easy to see video/photo input and operate the device
- Incremental dubbing: Just push the "Disc Burn" button on HDD Handycam or cradle and DVDirect automatically detects the newly added content in HDD Handycam since its last back-up
- Video inputs: i.LINK™/USB/analog video
- Multi-memory card reader slots (for Compact Flash®, Memory Stick™, SD Card™ and xD-Picture cards): Create your own DVD picture slideshow directly from digital memory cards
- Digital and analogue video input (compatible with legacy tape and DV-tape recording camcorders)
- PictBridge-compatible through USB interface making it easy to print photos directly from your PictBridge-compatible photo printer
- Burns single and dual layer DVD media allowing you to burn up to 8 hours of video on one single DVD
- Supports Dolby® Digital AC-3 5.1 sound and 16:9 widescreen so you can enjoy the full quality of your films
Direct to Disc
Running out of shooting space on your camcorder? No problem: burn everything onto convenient, affordable DVD. You don’t need a PC or special burning software. Just connect your camcorder, press a button and get burning: it’s brilliantly easy.
Any camcorder, no problem
Digital or analogue, old or new: DVDirect works with any camcorder. You can burn HD discs from your AVCHD Handycam®, or create Standard Definition discs from an AVCHD camcorder for playback on any DVD player. Want to preserve those old videotapes? Hook up your VCR and burn them for safekeeping.
More fun with your digital photos
Back to top
Don’t forget about your precious photo collection. Slip your camera’s memory card into DVDirect and burn your digital images onto disc. Then have fun enjoying all those memories as slideshows on your DVD player or PC.
Back to top
||iLink, USB, Video, memory Card Slot (CF, MSPD, SD, xD)