Designed for Canon full-frame DSLR cameras, the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens with EF Canon fit boasts an all-new optical design, faster autofocus speed and a reworked VC system to deliver up to 5 stops of image stabilisation. Its improved VC system allows for handheld telephoto shooting in low light, whilst enhanced AF and responsiveness ensures accurate high-speed focusing, making it perfect for a broad range of genres including weddings, sports, wildlife and photojournalism.
Key Features: Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens - Canon Fit
- Canon EF mount for use on DSLRs
- Fast telephoto zoom for 35mm full-frame DSLRs
- Perfect for sports, wildlife, weddings, gigs, and more
- Fast, bright F/2.8 aperture
- All-new optical designed delivers faster AF
- Image Stabilisation performance up to 5 stops
- Vibration Compensation (VC) - three modes
- 0.95m minimum focusing distance
- eBAND Coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Moisture-proof and dust-resistant construction
- Flourine Coating for greater protection of the element
- Lightweight and an easy-to-hold tripod mount (Arca-Swiss compatible)
1. Outstanding resolution and contrast reproduction performance, beautiful bokeh and full compatibility with Tamron tele converters
Based on the current model (A009), the optical design has been revised and improved. Both the resolution and contrast reproduction performance far exceeds the present levels. Bokeh has been enhanced and expanded to deliver outstanding background effects across the entire zoom range. Use of a circular diaphragm with nine blades further improves bokeh. The optical design of the new lens consists of 23 elements in 17 groups. Optimum deployment of XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements thoroughly eliminate chromatic aberrations, which tend to become particularly prominent in high-speed telephoto lenses, across the entire zoom range, while ensuring uniform, high-level image quality even on the periphery of the image plane.
The new lens is also fully compatible with the TELE CONVERTER 1.4x (Model TC-X14)*2 and TELE CONVERTER 2.0x (Model TC-X20)*2, which increase the focal length of the lens to 1.4 times and 2 times the original, respectively. Changes in zoom range when used with SP 70-200 mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Model A025)
2. Improved VC system provides highest Vibration Compensation ability in its class*1 (5 stops using CIPA standard compliant) and offers three situation-specific VC modes
Utilizing Tamron’s original VC (Vibration Compensation) system, which uses a moving coil mechanism, further reinforcement of the drive system power and control performance has now achieved the highest VC level in its class,*4 with an image stabilization performance of 5 stops according to the CIPA standard (when using VC Mode 3).
Also, the VC system of the new lens offers three VC modes, including one mode exclusively for panning. Photographers can freely choose between the different VC modes according to the shooting conditions. Even for telephoto shooting in low light, which tends to be severely affected by camera shaking, photographers can now enjoy jitter-free handheld shooting with much greater flexibility. *4. Among 70-200mm F/2.8 interchangeable lenses for full-frame DSLR cameras (as of January :Tamron)
- VC MODE 1 - standard mode that strikes a great balance between the stability of the viewfinder image and the stabilization effects.
- VC MODE 2 is exclusively used for panning.
- VC MODE 3 prioritizes the stabilization of the captured images and forgoes the stabilization of the viewfinder image.
With the optional accessory TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM, you can customize the configuration of VC MODE 1. Choose the viewfinder view of either standard or image priority.
3. Improved autofocus speed and responsiveness
This new lens is equipped with a USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) ring-type ultrasonic motor, whose outstanding responsiveness and control ensures accurate high-speed focusing. Incorporating two advanced, high-performance microcomputers and optimizing the algorithm has improved both the focusing speed and accuracy compared with SP 70-200mm (Model A009). Additionally, thanks to the Full-time Manual Focus override mechanism, photographers shooting with AF can instantaneously make fine focusing adjustments using MF without wasting time by switching the AF-MF mode back and forth.
4. Shorter Minimum Object Distance for greater versatility
Improvements made to the focus cam and zoom cam inside the lens barrel have reduced the MOD from 1.3m (50.7 in) in the older Model A009 to 0.95m (37.4 in) for Model A025, which has a maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.1. The shorter MOD, coupled with the excellent optical performance of the SP 70-200mm (Model A025), allows photographers to further broaden their range of expression.
5. Optimized and exclusively designed eBAND Coating
The new lens features Tamron’s original eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating, a technology that combines a nano-structured layer with an extremely low refractive index with the conventional multiple-layer coatings. Optimized and exclusively designed for this new zoom, the eBAND Coating provides superior anti-reflection performance, effectively reducing any flare and ghosting. Even when taking backlit portraits, the new lens delivers flawless, crystal clear images.
6. Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
Ideal for use in outdoor photography, the new 70-200mm telephoto zoom has moisture-resistant construction because special sealants that are dust-resistant and moisture-resistant are used at every joint and seam. The sealant material helps to prevent the intrusion of any dirt, dust or water droplets, compared to conventional Moisture-Resistant Construction.
7. Fluorine Coating for greater protection
The front surface of the lens element is coated with a protective fluorine compound that is water- and oil-repellant. The lens surface is easier to wipe clean and less vulnerable to the damaging effects of dirt, dust, moisture and fingerprints.
8. Electromagnetic diaphragm system now used also for Nikon-mount lenses
An electromagnetic diaphragm system, which has been a standard feature for Canon-mount lenses, is now available for in Nikon-mount lenses*5. More precise diaphragm and aperture control is possible because the diaphragm blades are driven and controlled by the motor through electronic pulse signals. *5 Available only with cameras compatible with the electromagnetic diaphragm (D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7000, D7100, D7200, D300, D300s, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D810A, D3x, D3s, D4, D4s, Df, D500, D5). (As of January; Tamron)
9. Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with Arca-Swiss style quick release plates
A new textured grip and Arca-Swiss style tripod interface enhances both speed and utility. Because the tripod mount is made of lightweight magnesium, it is much easier to carry.
10. Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM, an optional accessory product
The optional TAP-in Console provides a USB connection to a personal computer, enabling users to easily update the lens firmware as well as customize features, including fine adjustments to the AF and VC.
11. Based on the rigorous quality standards worthy of the SP series, this new lens is manufactured with a thorough attention to details
For the SP series products in particular, Tamron has established rigorous design and quality standards. These standards apply to the optical design, mechanical design and the cosmetic appearance. The optical design has been refreshed, mechanical parts improved and a new exterior design adopted. To maximize the optical performance intrinsic to this product, Tamron has improved the accuracy of the component parts and increased the precision of the overall zooming mechanism.
Back to top