The Tascam DR-60D Mark II Linear PCM Recorder / Mixer For DSLR is a high quality recorder designed for on-set filmmakers and videographers using digital SLRs. The Tascam DR-60D MK II is a 4-track solid-state recorder utilising high-grade HDDA pre-amps, AD converters, and durable but lightweight structure and shape. The DR-60D will fit neatly under any camera or rig, and record up to 96kHz/24-bit high quality audio straight to SD/SDHC media. The device comes with two ¼"-XLR locking combo Mic/Line inputs, 3.5mm stereo mic input, camera in, camera out, line out and headphone out. Both ¼”-XLR combo inputs supply +48V phantom power and the 3.5mm input supplies plug-in power for microphones requiring a bias voltage. The multiple record modes include: 4-Channel Record, Auto Record and Dual Record "Safety Track" mode.
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- Simultaneously record up to 4 tracks
- Record Mode: Mono, Stereo, Deal Mono, Dual Stereo, 4-Channel
- Recording format: 44.1/48/96kHz 16/24bit (WAV/BWF)
- Tascam original HDDA microphone preamps
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for the 1/L, 2/R and 3-4 inputs
- Two XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level input and phantom power (24 or 48VDC on XLRF)
- Plug-in power and high-output mic input supported on inputs 3-4
- Camera Out connector for output from the DR-60D's mixer (adjustable gain)
- Camera IN connector for sound monitoring from the camera
- Independent adjustable Line Out and headphone jacks for high-quality sound output
- 50mW/ch headphone output
- Tripod mounting socket (bottom) and DSLR mounting screw attachment (top)
- Handles protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder strap
- Soft-Touch Rubber Keys for silent operation
- Hold switch to prevent accidental operation
- Quick button feature for easy access to various functions
- 128x64 pixel LCD with backlight
- USB 2.0 connection for high-speed transferring of files
- Mini USB cable included
- Operates on 4-AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately) or USB bus power
- Can extend battery life with BP-6AA battery pack (sold separately)
- Dedicated remote control jack for the wired RC-10 remote control or RC-3F footswitch (both sold separately)
- Internal mixer: Pan and Level controls
- Low cut filter(40/80/120Hz)
- Limiter (1/L and 2/R can be selected for link-operation)
- Delay function for microphone distance adjustment (up to 150ms)
- M-S decode function
- Slate tone generator (Auto/Manual)
- Selectable duration of slate tone from four positions (0.5/1/2/3 sec, when auto-generated)
- Selectable slate tone generation. 3 positions: Off/Head/Head+Tail, when auto-generated
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Auto-record function can automatically start and stop recording at set level
- Pre-recording function allows the unit to record a 2 second sound buffer before recording is activated
- Self-timer function for solo recording
- New file starts recording automatically without interruption when maximum file size is reached
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- Jump back and play function
- Equalizer function for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned off
- MARK function up to 99 points per audio track
- Divide function
For the full list of Specs visit the Tascam website.
Tascam DR-60D Recorder Product Video
High-Quality HDDA(High Definition Discrete Architecture) Mic Preamps
High quality mic preamps are a necessity for high-grade sound. The DR-60D's HDDA mic preamplifirers utilize discrete circuitry and premium parts approved after months of evaluation tests. The HDDA s circuit achieves an incredibly high EIN (-120dBu). In addition, Cirrus Logic's AD converter (made famous on the DR-40 linear PCM recorder) is installed to ensure high-lineality recording from any input signal.
4 Inputs, 3 Outputs and Simultaneous 4 Track Recording with Mixer Controls Built-In
The DR-60D can record up to 4-tracks simultaneously allowing for various mic set-ups. Inputs 1/L and 2/R can be selected for monaural operation or stereo link operation. There are 3 outputs at one's disposal. A CAMERA OUT for reference track recording to the camera, LINE OUT to run to a mixer, and a Headphone Out for direct monitoring. (In 4CH mode, 1/L and 2/R inputs cannot be selected for monaural operation.) The DR-60D supplies mixing functionality to all 4 tracks. Adjust PAN, Level, Limiters, HPF (40/80/120Hz) and Delay easily from the user-friendly set-up. Tascam is well known for having the easiest to use controls in the market. The DR-60D is ready to use right out of the box with its external, non-menu-intensive controls.
Multiple Record Modes (Including Dual "Safety Track" Record Mode) for Self-Tailored Recording
The DR-60D can be tailored further to one's recording needs with the various record modes. Choose between:
Mono/Dual Mono mode:These modes are ideal for single source shooting Stereo/Dual Stereo mode:These modes are ideal for shooting with a stereo or mid-side microphone.
4CH mode:This mode is ideal for all-around movie shooting. For example, you can record two sources separately plus one stereo microphone all simultaneously.
Dual Mono and Dual Stereo mode automatically provide a back-up safety track in case the initial levels where set too high and clips/peaks were encountered. The safety track can be set to record from -6dB to -12dB lower than the initial take.
Soft-Touch Keys to Eliminate Handling Noise and Various Other Features such as the Slate Function were Designed Specifically for DSLR Use
Every aspect of the DR-60D is designed specifically for DSLR Audio for Video Recording. The keys of the unit are designed specifically for quiet operation to eliminate handling noise. The Slate feature is designed to mark tracks easily while in production. The input and output layout is designed for versatile use. Whether the device is used under a camera, on a rig or strapped around a solitary sound engineer, Tascam's DR-60D will meet all on-site audio production needs.
Dedicated Camera Out Provides Simultaneous Recording between DSLR and the DR-60D
The Camera Out connector outputs the sound mixed internally on the DR-60D. This output is equipped with an adjustable level control dial due to the lack of input level control on most DSLR's. This ensures a quality reference track is recorded onto your camera. Everything being recorded to the SD card can be sent to the camera - including slate tones - to make sync easier.
Versatile Slate Tone Generator Provides Easy-Adjustments for On-Site Movie Editing
The internal slate tone generator produces various tones for easy track making and recognition. Slate tones can be generated from 2 operation modes;
Automatic:Off/Head(rec start)/Head+Tail (rec start and end) (You can select duration of the slate tone: 0.5/1/2/3 sec)
Manual:Push the Slate button for tone. (In hold, the slate button is disabled for mistake prevention.)
Channels 3 & 4 - 3.5mm Input Connector Supports High-Output Video Camera Microphones
The channels 3&4 input connector supports high-level maximum input up to +10dBV and have plug-in power available. Most video camera microphones are high-level output and equipped with a 3.5mm output connector.
Tripod Socket Placed on the Bottom and a Screw for Camera Attachment Placed on Top
The DR-60D can be placed between a DSLR Camera and a tripod, or mounted to a rig easily. In addition, the bracket of the top panel can be removed when you wish to attach the DR-60D to stabilizers.
510g Light-Weight Body Designed for Rugged Portability
The DR-60D's body was manufactured with very rigid plastic for a durable but lightweight design. Tascam understands how important weight is to ensure one is getting the right shots and steady camera movement when filmmaking. In adiition to weight, the DR-60D is extremely compact while remaining feature-rich. Only 133mm (5.25") wide, the DR-60D will not interfere with any normal camera operation. Also, all batteries can be replaced without removing the device from the Camera or tripod / rig.
Back to top
This unit has a Remote jack for connecting a Tascam RC-3F footswitch-type remote control or Tascam RC-10 wired remote control (both sold separetely) that can be used to operate the unit.