The Expanded Guide Four Thirds + Micro Four Thirds is an innovative, open standard for digital SLR cameras that is designed to optimize their size, performance, compatibility and extendibility. Standardization of lens mounts enables photographers to mix and match interchangeable lenses and camera bodies from different makers. The latest development, Micro Four Thirds, devised by Olympus and Panasonic for mirrorless interchangeable lens digital cameras, reduces size even further, without loss of usability, versatility or picture quality.
The Expanded Guide - Four Thirds + Micro Four Thirds
- ISBN-13: 9781907708152
- No. of Pages: 208
- Photos: approx. 150
- Dimensions: 178 x 145mm (7x5 11/16")
In this authoritative guide, professional photographer David Taylor gives in-depth, jargon-free information on the pros and cons of this pioneering system, including:
- the logic behind the Four Thirds system, its sensor size and aspect ratio
- reviews of popular Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds cameras
- advice on choosing Four Thirds lenses and accessories
- guidance on exposure, depth of field, and flash
- practical tips on lighting, macro, and camera care
- connection to external devices such as computers and printers
About The Author: David Taylor is an award-winning landscape and travel photographer, born and raised in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear. His work has taken him all over the world, but away from his photographic career David lives on an exposed hill, overlooking the market town of Hexham in Northumberland.
Back to top
Back to top