Upgrade from Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, 2.0, or 1.x to enable you to capture, edit and deliver video online, on air, on disc, or on device. Tell your story with maximum impact using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 software, the start-to-finish video production solution that includes Adobe OnLocation CS4 and Encore CS4 software.
For further information regarding upgrade eligibility check the Upgrade eligibility tool on the Adobe website.
End-to-end metadata workflow
Easily add metadata to clips both on set with Adobe OnLocation software and while editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, for greater project intelligence. Use speech recognition technology to create text-based metadata to help you organise your assets more efficiently. Pass the metadata through export for web publishing, enabling searchable video and helping to unlock new revenue streams.
Turn spoken dialogue into text-based, timecode-accurate, searchable metadata. Jump to a specific area of a shot by searching for keywords within the dialogue, and then use keywords to quickly locate and display what you're looking for - or even cut video based on the script.
Tapeless camera support
Edit video natively in the latest tapeless formats, including AVCHD, P2, XDCAM EX, and XDCAM HD, without transcoding or rewrapping. Browse your drives and removable media from inside Adobe Premiere Pro to find, log, and import footage.
Dynamic workflow with other Adobe tools
Achieve a high level of productivity from production to delivery with the tightly integrated toolset in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. Eliminate intermediate rendering when moving sequences into Adobe Encore CS4 software, and take advantage of new support for Adobe Photoshop files with video and blend modes.
Faster, customisable SWF output
Create SWF file versions of your DVD and Blu-ray projects for the web, complete with DVD interactivity, menus, URL links, and customisable HTML templates, without opening another application. Export for streaming or progressive download, and reduce encode time by using optimised encode settings in Adobe Media Encoder.
Batch encoding in the background
Save time with Adobe Media Encoder, a separate included software application that automates the process of creating multiple encoded versions of your source files and sequences. Manage priorities and control advanced settings for individual files.
Redesigned Adobe OnLocation CS4
Get critical monitoring information while you record directly to disk with Adobe OnLocation CS4, now cross-platform with a new Adobe-standard interface. Save time and take the tedium out of logging with shot lists and metadata-based project intelligence.
Take advantage of more than 50 of the most requested editing enhancements to make your workflow more efficient. Apply effects to multiple selections, get timecode information faster, speed work in the timeline with new keyboard shortcuts, and more.
Industry-leading Blu-ray Disc authoring
Maintain the pristine quality of your HD video all the way to distribution. Create high-definition Blu-ray discs with Encore CS4, working with the same interface used to create standard-definition DVDs and incorporating advanced Blu-ray features like pop-up menus and subtitles and dual-layer burning.
Access product-related news and tutorials online by using the Resource Central panel in Adobe Premiere Pro and Encore.
System Requirements (Windows):
Back to top
- 2GHz or faster processor for DV; 3.4GHz for HDV; dual 2.8GHz for HD
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista)
- 2GB of RAM
- 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
- 1,280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
- Dedicated 7200 RPM hard drive for DV and HDV editing; striped disk array storage (RAID 0) for HD; SCSI disk subsystem preferred
- For SD/HD workflows, an Adobe-certified card for capture and export to tape
- OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 port for DV and HDV capture, export to tape, and transmit to DV device
- DVD-ROM drive (DVD+-R burner required for DVD creation)
- Blu-ray burner required for Blu-ray disc creation
- Microsoft Windows Driver Model– or ASIO-compatible sound card
- QuickTime 7.4.5 software required to use QuickTime features
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services