For full details of our Returns Policy please see our Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have received my order but I wish to return it
- I have a faulty product, what do I do?
- I have a faulty Apple product, what do I do?
- I have a question about repairs
We want you to feel confident that you made the right choice in your purchase. That’s why Wex offers a 30-day returns period. We will accept any item for a full refund provided that –
- Your item is complete and in 'as new' saleable condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging)
- Any use of the product is relative to examining it, and ensuring it suits your needs. We can’t accept items that have obvious evidence of heavy use, such as scuffs, marks, scratches or a high shutter count. Wex Photographic does not sell products on a trial basis.
- It is returned with the original box, packing and any accessories you received with it.
- You have proof of purchase
- You also return any free gifts which came with the product, which also must be in their original packaging and in a saleable condition
We will also accept a return within the 30-day returns period where the product has been opened and used but may make a deduction from any refund if the value of the goods has been reduced.
If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been dispatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Wex Photographic at your own risk and cost.
There are a few exceptions
- Software, memory cards and DVD/Blu-Ray can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the distance Selling Regulations (SI2334/2000). Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy
- We can’t accept returns of film, developing or printing services
- We cannot refund any items that have been specially ordered to your individual specification or personalised
We strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. If it is a large item, we can organise a collection for a fee of £10.
If you wish to return an unwanted item to us under our 30 day return policy, please let us know by contacting us. If you send your request to return an item using our contact us form, please let us know the item you wish to return and whether you want a refund or a credit.
We have found that many problems can be overcome by simply referring to the 'troubleshooting' section of your manual. If the goods still seem to be faulty please call us on 01603 486413 to discuss the fault and arrange the return.
If the fault occurs within the first 30 days you will always have the choice of either a replacement or a refund.
If the fault has occurred within the first six months after delivery, but after the first 30 days, you can request a repair or replacement of the faulty goods. However, we reserve the right to choose a solution when the choice of the customer is disproportionate or impossible to fulfil. In the majority of cases, it is likely that we will elect to send an item for repair in the first instance. If the repair is unsuccessful, you can then claim a replacement or a full refund. Alternatively we will seek to agree a price reduction with you if you wish to keep the product.
After six months, where you can demonstrate that the fault was present at the point of original sale, you can still request a repair or replacement and we will deal with this request in the same way as set out above.
In all cases, we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault. If no fault is found, the product will be returned to you.
For additional information on returning faulty goods, please check our knowledgebase
For full details on our returns policy please see our Terms and Conditions
We try to get all repairs done as soon as possible and as a guide we say that repair can take up to 6 weeks. Obviously it depends on the fault as to how long it may take as sometime parts are needed from other parts of the world. We try to keep all our customers up dated with repairs but if you have a question regarding your repair call us on 01603 486413.