The Apple MacBook Pro 13inch 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor Retina Display is the world's highest-resolution notebook display. The Apple MacBook Pro is as vivid as your imagination, offering you a vibrant, sharp Retina display with over 4 million pixels in a design that's just 1.8cm thin and 1.57kg. The all-new MacBook Pro is built around flash storage for maximum performance and reliability, starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, and everything you do is lightning fast. The 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and next Intel Iris Graphics processor provides you with a fast, smooth, realistic performance and drives enough power for intensive tasks such as rendering HD video and editing RAW files. Other features include a 9 hour battery life, two Thunderbolt ports, two USB 3.0 ports, an SDXC card slot, stereo speakers, dual mics, and built-in apps including FaceTime HD Camera, iPhoto, iMovie and more.
The Main Features
- Model: Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Screen Size: 13.3-inch (diagonal)
- Display: LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560x1600 resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
- Processor: 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Memory: 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics
- Storage: 256GB
- Battery Life: Up to 9 hours
- Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Operating System: OS X Mavericks
- Contents: MacBook Pro with Retina display, MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug & Power lead
Clearly our most advanced notebook ever.
A groundbreaking Retina display. All-flash architecture. The latest Intel processors. Remarkably thin and light 13-inch and 15-inch designs. Together, these features take the notebook to a place it’s never been. And they’ll do the same for everything you create with it.
Retina display. Multimillion-pixel view.
When you pack so many pixels into a display - over four million on the 13-inch model and over five million on the 15-inch model — the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can’t discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism. A spectacular 2560x1600 resolution on the 13-inch MacBook Pro and an equally impressive 2880x1800 resolution on the 15-inch MacBook Pro let you see more of your high-resolution images with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. And text is so sharp, you’ll feel like you’re reading email, web pages and documents on a printed page. The Retina display reduces glare while maintaining incredible colour and quality. Its high contrast ratio results in blacker blacks and whiter whites. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle. And you’re going to love what you see.
Fourth-generation Intel mobile processors.
With the latest-generation dual-core Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 processor, the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display lets you take your most performance-hungry apps on the road. That means wherever you can take your camera, you can take Aperture and your entire digital photo studio too. Hyper-Threading technology, which enhances performance by letting each core handle multiple tasks simultaneously, is included in every model. And with speeds up to 2.8GHz, shared L3 cache up to 4MB and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.3GHz, these processors are ready for just about anything.The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display has the power to do even more amazing things. Fourth-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processors provide the fastest performance ever in a MacBook Pro. You can make quick work of even the most complex tasks in professional apps like Final Cut Pro, thanks to speeds up to 2.6GHz, 6MB of shared L3 cache and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.8GHz. And the top-of-the-line model comes as standard with 16GB of super-fast 1600MHz memory. All of which means the 15-inch MacBook Pro is ready to take on whatever you can dream up, wherever your travels take you.
Iris and Iris Pro Graphics. A flawless onscreen performance.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display features Intel Iris Graphics, which boost performance by up to 90 per cent1 — so it can handle both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two. It’s just another way this 13-inch MacBook Pro is small on size and big on performance.
Long-lasting battery. Up to 9-hour charge, 30-day standby time.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro now lasts up to nine hours between charges, and the 15-inch model lasts up to eight hours. That’s impressive battery life for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, state-of-the-art processors and graphics, and a super-slim design, it’s absolutely remarkable. The built-in battery gives you up to 1,000 full charge and discharge cycles and up to 30 days of instant-on standby time.2
Faster all-flash storage. There's a reason they call it "flash".
You’ll notice a difference in whatever you do - starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, even navigating the desktop feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to the new PCle-based flash storage with even faster read and write performance - up to 60 per cent faster than the previous-generation MacBook Pro.3 So you can import huge photo libraries into Aperture in no time flat. And on the 15-inch model, flash storage combines with quad-core processors and high-performance graphics to make quick work of even the most demanding editing tasks in Final Cut Pro. Since these MacBook Pro models come with up to 1TB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you.4 Flash doesn’t have any moving parts, which makes it super-durable and quiet. And flash storage is extremely energy efficient, which means your MacBook Pro also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month, without plugging in. So whether it’s been 1 day or 30, your all-flash MacBook Pro will spring to life, from wherever you left off.
802.11 ac Wi-Fi. The new definition of fast.
Meet the ultimate mobile creative studio. With an emphasis on mobile. Equipped with the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology, you’re free to unplug and still stay connected - to your network, to your wireless peripherals and to the world. With AirPlay and Apple TV, you can wirelessly play video, show off photos and enjoy music from your MacBook Pro on your widescreen TV. And when your MacBook Pro connects to an 802.11ac Wi-Fi base station, such as AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule, your wireless performance is up to 3x faster.5
Thunderbolt 2. The most advanced I/O gets 2x faster.
Thunderbolt is the most advanced and most versatile I/O technology there is. The new MacBook Pro features the latest version - Thunderbolt 2. It delivers twice the throughput, providing up to 20 Gbps of bandwidth to each external device. So you’re more than ready for the next generation of high-performance peripherals and displays. You can connect massive amounts of storage and add a PCI expansion chassis. And since each Thunderbolt 2 port allows you to daisy-chain up to six peripherals, you can go all out by plugging in up to 12 external devices via Thunderbolt alone.
Whether you choose the 13-inch or 15-inch model, you’ll get two Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB 3 ports, an HDMI port, an SDXC card slot and a headphone port. So in a matter of minutes you can build an entire professional studio with MacBook Pro as its centrepiece.
Audio and visual.
You haven’t heard it all until you’ve heard the speakers inside MacBook Pro. For something so thin and light, the sound is huge. And with a wide dynamic range, optimal balance and a crisp, expressive quality, these speakers might sound too good to be true. That’s because we laboured painstakingly over the design to maximise the quality of every decibel you hear.Dual built-in microphones are great for when you want to be heard. If you’re making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice - instead of the noise around you.
Multi-Touch trackpad and backlit keyboard.
In OS X, Multi-Touch is an essential part of how you interact with your Mac. Using realistic, intuitive gestures, you can switch between apps, navigate your content and get the most out of your desktop space. MacBook Pro features a Multi-Touch trackpad with a large, all-glass button surface. So you can tap, pinch, swipe and click away comfortably.Thin and light, MacBook Pro is designed to go anywhere - including places with less-than-stellar lighting. A built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard and display brightness automatically. So you’re never left in the dark.
iCloud. Everything you need. Anywhere you need it.
iCloud lets you access your music, photos, documents and more from whatever device you’re using - Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. And it automatically keeps everything up to date everywhere. So when you buy a song, you don’t have to download it over and over to enjoy it on multiple devices. Or worry that a document doesn’t contain your latest revisions. Thanks to new features in OS X Mavericks, iCloud is more powerful than ever. iCloud Photo Sharing in iPhoto lets you share photos and videos with friends and family. They can even comment and post their own photos and videos alongside yours. And with iCloud Keychain, you don’t need to remember all your website usernames, passwords or credit card information. iCloud stores all that for you using highly secure 256-bit AES encryption.6
Powerful apps included.
Out of the box, MacBook Pro is already a document-creating, number-crunching, presentation-sharing, photo-editing, movie-making and music-producing powerhouse. That’s because it includes six powerful productivity and creativity apps: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand.7 Not to mention all the other incredible apps, including Safari, Mail and iBooks, that are perfect for the things you want to do and the things you need to do. And, of course, there are thousands more apps to discover at the Mac App Store.
1. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2013 using pre-production 13-inch 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based MacBook Pro units with Intel Iris Graphics and 1GB graphics memory, and shipping 13-inch 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based MacBook Pro units with Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 1GB graphics memory, all configured with 8GB RAM. Resolution used: 1280x800. X-Plane 10 tested using fps_test=2 test_flight_747.fdr, with 4x anti-aliasing. Unigine Valley Benchmark tested using medium-quality setting, in full-screen mode with anti-aliasing disabled. Portal 2 tested using timedemo test file: Laser stairs, with 4x anti-aliasing and high graphics quality. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
Back to top
2. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/uk/batteries for more information.
3. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2013 using pre-production 15-inch 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based MacBook Pro units with 512GB flash storage, and pre-production 13-inch 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based MacBook Pro units with 512GB flash storage. 15-inch 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based MacBook Pro units with 512GB flash storage and 13-inch 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based MacBook Pro units with 256GB flash storage were shipping systems. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs and 150GB test file. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
4. 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
5. Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network and other factors.
6. iCloud requires an iCloud-enabled device. Some features require a Wi-Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.
7. Pages, Numbers and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after 1 October 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.