The Video Assist 4K features a 7" high resolution screen, two high speed recorders for non-stop Ultra HD recording, XLR mic inputs and a 1920 x 1200 screen, so you can see a full 16:9 image without the status bar covering the picture. Video Assist 4K features the latest high speed UHS-II SD card recorders and can record 1080 HD as well as Ultra HD up to 2160p30 on low cost, readily available SD cards. The recorder also use professional analog mini XLR connections so you can bypass low quality DSLR audio and connect professional microphones directly.
The key features of the Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K:
- 7" high resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
- Records to High Speed SD Card Low cost, high performance storage
- Super bright and clear display
- Professional Connections: 6G-SDI, HDMI
- Easy Touchscreen Controls
- High Quality Audio
- With external power connected, you can also charge two LP-E6 type Lithium-ion batteries, which can be mounted to battery slots 1 and 2 on the rear panel
Included in your purchase:
- Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- SD card with software and manual
- 12-month Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Excluding: batteries and cables which will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
7" high resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
Video Assist 4K features a 7” high resolution screen, two high speed recorders for non-stop Ultra HD recording, XLR mic inputs, a built in speaker and more! The larger screen is 1920 x 1200, so you can see a full 16:9 image without the status bar covering the picture. Video Assist 4K features the latest high speed UHS-II SD card recorders and can record 1080 HD as well as Ultra HD up to 2160p30 on low cost, readily available SD cards! You also get two extremely low noise professional analog mini XLR connections so you can bypass low quality DSLR audio and connect professional microphones directly.
Professional HD and Ultra HD Recorder 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD recording
The 7" Video Assist 4K records HD and Ultra HD up to 2160p30. You get incredible looking, broadcast quality 10-bit, 4:2:2 ProRes or DNxHD files that work with all major editing software so you can start editing without having to convert them! Recording can be automatically triggered from SDI and HDMI so you can stay focussed on getting the shot, without having to worry about operating additional gear. The 7” Video Assist 4K also has two recorders so when one card is full, it automatically continues recording onto the next.
Records to High Speed SD Card Low cost, high performance storage you can get anywhere
Record HD video using standard SD memory cards and also record to super high performance UHS-II cards which are fast enough to record Ultra HD! That means it’s now possible to record Ultra HD using low cost cards that cost less than $2 per GB. By connecting Video Assist to your existing camera, you can eliminate proprietary and expensive media such as XDCAM, P2 and SxS. UHS-II cards are fully backwards compatible with regular SD card slots so you can just insert them into your computer to start editing the media immediately.
Better Monitoring - Super bright and clear display
Blackmagic Video Assist has a bright 5” or 7” display so you don’t have to carry extra monitors and scopes on set! The large screens make it easy to see focus peaking and overlays such as histogram, audio meters, controls and more! You can mount it on cameras as a large crew monitor, hand it to the cinematographer for composing shots, or set it in front of the director to review each take. The screen has a wide 135º viewing angle, which means it’s easy to see, even when several crew members are watching. The image also auto rotates, so you can even rig it upside down!
High Quality Audio - Better audio recording than most cameras
Blackmagic Video Assist 4K is also an extremely high quality audio recorder! You get two mini XLR inputs with 48V of phantom power so you can attach external microphones to record audio with Video Assist, instead of your camera. This totally eliminates the problems with auto gain controls on DLSR cameras! With an amazing equivalent input noise floor of -128dBV, you get high quality, crystal clear audio that sounds dramatically better than camera audio! Sound is recorded into the same file as the video so you don’t have to worry about AV sync between separate audio and video files.
Easy Touchscreen Controls - Use simple tap and swipe gestures to make adjustments!
The built in monitor is also an interactive touchscreen that makes setting up the Blackmagic Video Assist incredibly intuitive. All of the functions are at your fingertips, allowing you to use simple tap and swipe gestures to display camera information, change settings and evaluate audio and video levels. The elegant heads up display let’s you change recording formats or view the current input frame rate, histogram, audio meters, timecode, and more, all while still keeping your eyes on the shot.
The compact design of the Blackmagic Video Assist includes HDMI and 6G-SDI so you can connect them to virtually any DSLR, prosumer or professional camera! The loop thru output lets you monitor on larger displays or projectors. The 12V universal power supply gives you continuous operation. When you’re on location, two side by side LP-E6 batteries give you enough power for longer shoots! The Blackmagic Video Assist 4K also features a LANC connector and two mini XLR inputs with 48V of phantom power for connecting microphones, along with a built in speaker that automatically mutes while recording!
Work with Professional Software - Record files that are ready for editing and grading
Blackmagic Video Assist captures ProRes and Avid DNxHD files which are the most widely accepted post production video formats in the world. If you are working with popular editing software such as DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer, you can start editing and color correcting without having to transcode or convert the files. Since it comes bundled with DaVinci Resolve Lite, you can begin editing and creating looks on set! Even motion graphics and visual effects artists using software like Fusion and After Effects, or sound editors using ProTools can easily work with the files for fantastic collaboration.
Back to top
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/Ultra HD 6G-SDI via BNC
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI 2.0a connector
- SDI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via 6G-SDI
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded via HDMI 2.0a
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x balanced mini XLR with phantom power
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Record Start and Stop
- SD Interface: Dual UHS-II SD slots
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-II, SDXC UHS-I and SDHC UHS-I SD cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards
- Recorder Control: Integrated capacitive touchscreen LCD with onscreen controls for settings and navigating menus
- Screen Dimensions: 7" 1920 x 1200 capacitive touchscreen LCD
- Recorder Configuration: Via the device's USB port or the device's user interface
- Computer Interface: 1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 connector for initial setup, software updates and Video Assist Utility software control
- Codecs: Supports: Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy, Avid DNxHD, DNxHR
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94, 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60, 1080i50, 59.94
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M 2084
- SDI Metadata Support: HD RP188
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI switches between 270 Mb/s SD , 1.5 Gb/s HD , and 3.0 Gb/s 60P HD plus 6.0 Gb/s 60p Ultra HD
- SD Format Support: 525i29.97 NTSC, 625i25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94 / 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 / 1080i50, 59.94
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of
Back to top
||6G-SDI, HDMI, Mini XLR
||1920 x 1200
||Uses 2 x Canon LP-E6 Batteries
||Pro Res 4:2:2 or Avid DNX up to 2160p30
||UHS-II SD card
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £28.89
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.