Reluctant to accept the end of summer? Still striving to celebrate the last rays of sun? Share your summer shots with us and you could win an Olympus Stylus 1S!
As the signs of autumn appear around us, why not relive those distant summer memories by entering our great Instagram photography competition? We’re giving away an Olympus Stylus 1s to the person who submits the image that best captures the sunny season. Whether your shot depicts a beach scene from a far-flung holiday; a garden barbecue with friends; an insect making the most of abundant flora; or an abstract scene that suggests summer to you, we want to hear from you.
To enter, head over to Instagram and upload your favourite photo taken during the summer months, tag us @wexphotographic and use the hashtag #sharingsummer. A panel of judges will then select a winner from all eligible entries. Good luck!
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Wex Photographic, 13 Frensham Road, Norwich, NR3 2BT.
- Each entrant is allowed to submit one entry to the #sharingsummer competition. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- Multiple entries from different accounts will not be permitted, nor will joint entries or entries from accounts that represent multiple users. Only entries from Instagram accounts that clearly identify a single person/photographer will be eligible for entry.
- The winner of the #sharingsummer competition will be awarded an Olympus Stylus 1s camera.
- The competition will run from 11th September 2015 to 23.59 on the 9th October and the image used for entry must have been taken within the following date range 1st May 2015- 9th October 2015
- The image must be submitted via Instagram only and must include a tag @wexphotographic and associated #sharingsummer. Both of these must be used to enter; using one or the other will not qualify as an entry.
- The prize is as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However, Wex Photographic retains the full and free right to alter the prize should circumstances change beyond our control.
- Winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the competition end date.
- Images can be submitted anytime between the competition start date up until 23.59 on the competition closing date. Images submitted on any other day, or found to have been taken on a day other than the ones specified above, will not be eligible for entry.
- Judging of entries for the #sharingsummer competition will be carried out by employees of Wex Photographic and this decision will be final.
- By submitting images to the competition you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the image and that the image is your original work. Wex Photographic reserves the right to ask entrants to supply a high-resolution and/or Raw version of any submitted image (with metadata embedded) in order to verify any images it suspects may not be the photographer’s own work. Anyone found to be entering images belonging to others will be immediately disqualified.
- Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted, although by entering you agree for your images to be used by Wex Photographic for the purpose of promoting the competition online. Images may also be used on the Wex Photographic website and on the blog, as well as other social media channels including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook.
- The #sharingsummer competition is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over as of 1st May 2015, except employees of Wex Photographic, the companies or organisations with whom the competition is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the competition.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to co-operate in any future publicity that may arise. The winner’s announcement will be made on Instagram and at www.wexphotographic.com/blog. We will also contact the winner on receipt of an email address.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, although if the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days of the competition closing, Wex Photographic reserves the right to offer the main prize to another entrant.
- No purchase necessary to win nor enter.
- Wex Photographic reserves the right to disqualify entrants found to be breaking any of these conditions from the competition. Those found to be breaking these conditions will be notified of their disqualification from the #sharingsummer competition.