Condition : MO
Camera body will exhibit more noticeable signs of use, including light marks to the lens mount, several marks to the sensor although only one marks effects images faintly at f22, marks to the camera body, scratches to the LCD screen and peeling to the top of the front grip. The sensor is clean and free of dust, marks and scratches. In full working order. Shutter count is approx 91508.
Only £1999 inc. Voucher Code '5D300'. The 5D Mark III is aimed at the semi-pro and professional level photographers who desire a lightweight, weather-proof construction, outstanding image quality and impressive levels of speed. The 5D Mark III features a high-resolution 22.3 CMOS sensor and Canon's powerful DIGIC 5+ processor to ensure a lightning fast frame rate of 6 frames per second. A ...
Back to top
Only £1999 inc. Voucher Code '5D300'. The 5D Mark III is aimed at the semi-pro and professional level photographers who desire a lightweight, weather-proof construction, outstanding image quality and impressive levels of speed. The 5D Mark III features a high-resolution 22.3 CMOS sensor and Canon's powerful DIGIC 5+ processor to ensure a lightning fast frame rate of 6 frames per second. A 61-point AF system (41 cross-types) and an expandable ISO range from 50-102,400 ensures both static and fast moving subjects can be captured, even in dimly lit environments. The 5D Mark III can also record Full HD 1080p movies with stereo sound and full manual control, and the 3.5mm mic and headphone socket allows audio monitoring while recording.
November 2012 - I am a full time professional wedding photographer. I shoot with a combination of cameras, notably the Fuji X-Pro1 and the 5D range of cameras from Canon. The 5D2 was the first full frame body I owned and I ended up working my way through three of them. So, when the 5D3 was announced I was really quite excited about it. Read Kevin's review of the Canon 5D MK III... »
The Key Features
- 22.3 MP full-frame sensor
- 61-point AF
- 6 fps continuous shooting
- ISO 100–25,600 sensitivity, ext to ISO 50-102,400
- Full HD video with manual control
- 14-bit DIGIC 5+ processor
- 100% coverage in the viewfinder
- Weather sealed, magnesium-alloy construction
- 3.2" 1,040,000-dot screen
- In-camera RAW editing
- Dual CF and SD memory card slots
- Headphone output
- Silent shutter - ideal for nature and wedding photography
Canon 5D Mark III hands-on video
We caught up with David Parry at Focus 2012 to find out a little more on the Canon 5D Mark III.
Full-frame 22.3-megapixel sensor
Capture high-quality images that are full of detail with a 22.3 megapixel CMOS sensorand DIGIC 5+ image processor. Colours are bright but natural, and fine detail is preserved even in dark shadow areas and bright highlights.
High-quality performance, even in low light
The EOS 5D Mark III delivers superb picture quality whatever the lighting conditions. Keep shooting hand-held even after the sun goes down, thanks to an ISO 100– 25,600 sensitivity range (extendable from ISO 50 - 102,400).
61-point wide-area autofocus
Focus quickly and accurately, even on offcentre subjects, with a 61 point wide-areaautofocus system. 41 cross-type points(five of which are extra sensitive double crosstype) ensure highly accurate tracking of moving objects.
Without the Canon 600EX-RT flashgun (or E3-RT Transmitter) installed on the camera you can’t wirelessly control another flash. To control a slave from the 5D Mark III, or any other EOS camera for that matter, you will need a master of some sort on the hot shoe (either a 600EX-RT or a ST-E3). Full support of the 600EX with the 5D MK III means that you get full control of the flash using the LCD. And full support of AF assist – the 600EX has support for all the focus points of the 5D MK III. The 5D MK III does not feature a built-in flash.
High-speed continuous shooting
Keep up with the action at 6 frames per second, recording up to 16,270 continuous JPEG images to a UDMA mode 7 card in a single burst.
With the new Creative Photo button you have quick and easy access to HDR image creation, Multiple Exposure and 7 pre-set Picture Styles with the ability to create 3 more user defined styles.
Full-HD video with manual control
Enjoy high quality Full HD video at 1080p resolution. Use manual controls and Canon’s comprehensive EF Lens range to achieve cinematic visual effects.
Great quality sound
Give your video footage the soundtrack it deserves. The EOS 5D Mark III records digital stereo sound at 48KHz and offers manual control over audio level. A standard 3.5mm mic socket enables the use of thirdparty microphones; a headphone socket permits audio monitoring while recording.
In-camera editing functions
Begin your digital editing workflow before you arrive back home. Rate your images on a scale of one to five and compare two images simultaneously on screen. Use in-camera Raw processing to explore creative possibilities – such as black & white conversion and retrospective white balance.
Built to go anywhere
A magnesium chassis provides strength and durability without adding weight. Weather sealing offers protection against dust and moisture.
Canon 5D Mark III Sample Images
The Canon Sample images can be found here on the Canon website.
Back to top
- Sensor Type: 36 x 24 mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 22.3 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 23.4 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed with fluorine coating
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Processor Type: DIGIC 5+
- Lens Mount: EF (excludes EF-S lenses)
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.0x the focal length of the lens
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR with a dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF System/ Points: 61 Point / 41 f/4 cross-type AF points inc 5 dual cross type at f/2.8 - The number of cross-type AF points will differ depending on the lens.
- AF Working Range: EV -2 - 18 (at 23°C & ISO100)
- AF Modes: AI Focus
- One Shot: AI Servo
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection: 61 point AF
- Manual selection: Single point AF (61, 41 cross type only, 15 or 9 points selectable)
- Manual selection: Spot AF
- Manual selection: AF point Expansion 4 points (up, down, left, right)
- Manual selection: AF point Expansion surrounding 8 points
- Manual selection: Zone AF
- AF points can be selected separately for vertical and horizontal shooting
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on top LCD panel and Quick Control screen
- AF Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode or AF-ON button is pressed
- AF Assist Beam: Emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens, default in Live View Mode
- AF Microadjustment: AF Menu: +/- 20 steps ( wide and tele setting for Zooms) / Adjust all lenses by same amount / Adjust up to 40 lenses individually /
- Adjustments remembered for lens by serial number
- Eposure Metering Modes: TTL full aperture metering with 63 zone Dual Layer SPC / Evaluative metering (linked to All AF point) / Partial metering (approx. 6.2% of viewfinder at centre) / Spot metering (approx. 1.5% viewfinder at centre) / Centre weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1 - 20 (at 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO100)
- AE Lock: Auto: In 1-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved. / Manual: By AE lock button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 2, 3, 5 or 7 Shots +/-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto (100-12800), 100-25600 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments) / ISO can be expanded to L: 50, H1: 51200, H2 102400
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- Speed: 30-1/8000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments) + Bulb (Shutter speed range available varies according to shooting mode)
- White Balance Type: Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings: AWB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White / Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom, Colour Temperature Setting.
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
- WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single level increments / 3 bracketed images per shutter release
- Viewfinder type: Pentaprism
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.71x¹
- Eyepoint: Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens centre)
- Dioptre Correction: -3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed (Transmissive LCD screen)
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4 or shorter)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information: AF point, focus confirmation¹, AF status indicator / Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
- Flash information: Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light
- Image information: Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information, Battery check Composition information Grid, electronic level, Warning symbol
- Displayed if any of the following is set: Monochrome, white balance correction, One-touch recording quality switch, expanded ISO speed, or spot metering
- Depth of Field Preview: Yes, with Depth of Field preview button.
- Eyepiece Shutter: On strap
- LCD Type: 8.11cm (3.2") Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (Horizontally/Vertically): Approx. 170°
- Coating: Anti-reflection and Solid Structure
- Brightness Adjustment: Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Flash Modes: E-TTL II Auto Flash, Metered Manual
- X-Sync: 1/200sec (EX series Speedlites only)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 3EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC Terminal: Yes/ Yes
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites, wireless multi-flash support
- External Flash Control: Via camera menu screen
- Shooting Modes: Auto+, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), Custom (x3)
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Drive Modes: Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, Self-timer (2s+remote, 10s+remote), Silent single shooting, Silent continuous shooting
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 6fps. (speed maintained for up to 16270 images (JPEG)¹² or 18 images (RAW)) (with UDMA card)²
- Live View Type: Electronic viewfinder with image sensor
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (horizontally and vertically)
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen) Autofocus: Quick mode, Live mode, Live Face detection mode
- Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor Active metering time can be changed
- Display Options: Grid overlay (x3), Histogram, Aspect ratios, Dual Axis Electronic Level
- File Still Image Type: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.3 (Exif Print) compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0), RAW: RAW, sRAW1, sRAW2 (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition), Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) Version 1.1 compliant
- RAW+JPEG Simultaneous Recording - Yes, any combination of RAW + JPEG possible, separate formats to separate cards possible
- Image Size JPEG: (L) 5760 x 3840, (M) 3840 x 2560, (S1) 2880 x 1920, (S2) 1920 x 1280, (S 3)720 x 480
- Image Raw Size RAW: (RAW) 5760 x 3840 (M-RAW) 3960 x 2640, (S-RAW) 2880 x 1920
- Movie Type: MOV (Video: H.264 Intra frame / inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM) / Uncompressed 8bit 4.2.2 via HDMI
- Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.976 fps) intra or inter frame / 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) intra or inter frame / 640 x 480 (59.94, 50 fps) inter frame
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec, Max single file size 4GB
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
- Custom Functions: 13 Custom Functions with 47 settings
- Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in camera) / Image rating (0-5 stars)
- LCD Panel / Illumination: Yes / Yes
- Water/ Dust Resistance: Yes (equal to EOS-1N)¹
- Sound Memo: No
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback Zoom: 1.5x - 10x
- Slide Show Image selection: All images, by Date, by Folder, Movies, Stills, Rating
- Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10 or 20 seconds
- Repeat: On/Off
- Histogram: Brightness: Yes / RGB: Yes
- Highlight Alert: Yes
- Image Erase/Protection: Single image, All images in folder, Checkmarked images, unprotected images
- Protection: Erase protection of one image at a time
- 25 Languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Other: HDMI mini output, Video output (PAL/ NTSC), Headphone mini jack, External microphone (Stereo mini jack)
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Yes
- Storage Type: CompactFlash Type I (UDMA compatible), SD card, SDHC card or SDXC card
Back to top
||2, 3, 5 or 7 Shots +/-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
||Hi-Speed USB, HDMI mini output, Video output (PAL / NTSC), Headphone mini jack, External microphone (Stereo mini jack)
||+/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
||RAW and JPEG
|Flash Sync Speed
|Frames Per Second
||Eyecup Eg, Wide strap EW-EOS EOS 5D Mark III, interface cable IFC-200U, Stereo AV cable AVC-DC400ST, Battery Pack LP-E6, Battery charger LC-E6, instruction book, Warranty card
|Memory Card Format
||Compact Flash, SD
||TTL full aperture metering with 63 zone Dual Layer SPC
|Screen Resolution (Pixels)
|Screen Size (Inches)
|Shutter Speed, Maximum
|Shutter Speed, Minimum
||152 x 116 x 76 mm
|View Finder Coverage