The Canon EOS 6D DSLR camera is a travel-friendly DSLR that sits below the Canon 5D Mark III DSLR camera in the EOS line-up. Compact and lightweight, the Canon 6D has a powerful full-frame imaging system and superior low-light performance. Features include: a 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor; DIGIC 5+ image processor; an 11-point AF system; Wi-Fi and GPS connectivity; and expandable ISO from 50-102800.
- Canon's EOS 6D was the company's first DSLR to provide built-in Wi-Fi, something it more recently repeated with its EOS 70D model. In this article we take a look at how the system works and the possibilities it presents for the photographer.
View the full article here... »
Canon 6D: Key Features
- Canon's lightest and smallest full-frame camera
- Portable and great for the travelling photographer
- The perfect step-up for cropped sensor users
- Full-frame 20.2-megapixel sensor
- Tough, lightweight construction
- Max ISO 25,600 (expandable to ISO 102,400)
- 11-point AF sensitive down to -3EV
- 3.0" LCD screen
- Extended ISO range of 50-102400
- Built-in HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes
- Built-in GPS* records your location
- Built-in Wi-Fi** file transfer and remote control
- Full-HD video
Canon EOS 6D Product Video
Expand the capabilities of the EOS 6D and your smartphone
EOS Remote is an application for Apple iOS or Android smartphones. When used with the EOS 6D (built in Wi-Fi) it becomes a powerful accessory you can carry in your pocket. EOS Remote makes taking photos and checking images more convenient. For more information on this app please visit the Canon website
20.2-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor
At the heart of the EOS 6D is a 20-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and a powerful DIGIC 5+ image processor. Together these deliver images that are packed with detail and clarity. Colours are reproduced accurately whilst tonal gradation is subtle and natural.
The full-frame advantage
Enjoy access to wide-angle EF lenses and discover new approaches to landscape, interiors and street photography. The extra control over depth of field provided by the full-frame sensor is perfect for adding impact to your portraits. Only compatible with Canon's EF, Sigma's DG and Tamron's Di lenses, and is not compatible with Sigma's DC, Tamron's Di II or Canon's EF-S lenses.
Designed to travel
Lightweight enough to go everywhere with you and strong enough to withstand the rigors of travel photography. Simple controls and intuitive ergonomics make the EOS 6D quick and easy to use.
Powerful low-light performance
When light levels get low, the EOS 6D keeps delivering superb photography. ISO sensitivity extends from ISO 100 up to ISO 25,600 (expandable to L:50, H1:51,200, H2:102,400) and an 11-point autofocus system is responsive down to -3EV. That’s sensitive enough to operate under moonlight.
Compose pictures with ease
Work intuitively with the EOS 6D’s bright full-frame viewfinder. A 1,040,000-dot 7.6 cm (3.0”) Clear View II LCD screen makes Live View shooting of stills and Full-HD video a pleasure.
Creative features designed for you
Preserve detail in both highlights and shadows with the EOS 6D’s high dynamic range (HDR) shooting mode, and create composite images with its multiple-exposure facility. ±5 stop exposure compensation and ±3-stop auto exposure bracketing allow flexibility and fine tuning of exposure.
GPS tracks your every movement
Built-in GPS determines your exact location and geotags each image file with the information. In GPS Logger mode a record of your route is recorded as you move around, even when the camera is switched off.
Wi-Fi for unparalleled connectivity
Shoot remotely from alternative viewpoints: connect and control your EOS 6D using your PC, Mac or smartphone. Images can be transferred wirelessly and shared with family and friends.
Shoot Full-HD video at 1080p resolution, taking advantage of fast-aperture lenses and full manual control to achieve cinematic effects.
Canon EOS 6D sample images:
Click to view more of Canon's sample images.
* GPS use may be restricted in certain countries or regions. Use of GPS should comply with the laws and regulations of the country and area in which it is being operated including any restriction on the use of electronics.
Back to top
**Wi-Fi support varies by device and region