The Astro Fi 5” Schmidt-Cassegrain is a fully-featured telescope that can be controlled with your smart device using the free Celestron SkyPortal app. It features a 125mm (5”) f10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube with multi-coated optics, delivering stunning views of the moon, planets, and bright deep space objects. It comes with a StarPointer finderscope, 2 eyepieces, and a mirror star diagonal.
Key Features: Celestron Astro Fi 5 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain Reflector Telescope
The Astro Fi 5 creates its own wireless connection, so it can communicate with your device even in remote locations where WiFi or cellular networks aren’t available. Getting ready to observe is quick and painless thanks to Celestron’s award-winning SkyAlign technology. Centre any three bright objects in the eyepiece, and your telescope calculates its position. You can even generate a Sky Tour of all the best celestial objects to view based on your exact time and location.
Trusted Celestron Optics
Innovative WiFi technology powers the Astro Fi, but it’s the optics inside the telescope tube that make it a Celestron. For over 50 years, they’ve led the industry in optical technology—and they’ve put that experience into the Astro Fi5. This 5 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain with fully coated optics offers dazzling views of craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, the Hercules Globular Cluster and so much more.
- Optical Design: Schmidt Cassegrain
- Aperture: 125mm
- Focal Length: 1250 mm
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 125x
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single Fork Arm Computerized Altazimuth
- Accessory Tray Includes: rubberized smartphone or tablet holder
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Optical Coatings: Fully-Coated XLT
- Slew Speeds: Up to 3 deg/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: Aux port for optional hand control
- Database: Over 120,000 objects including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
AstroFi Telescopes Video
Back to top
Back to top
|Focal Length (mm)
|Focal Ratio (f/)
||Computerised GO-TO Altazimuth
||12v DC 1Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive) or AA Batteries