The Fuji 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujinon super-telephoto lens has 21 elements in 14 groups to reduce chromatic aberration and deliver ultra-sharp images. A 5.0-stop image stabilisation system and linear motor work in synergy to achieve quiet, fast auto focusing. The Fuji 100-400mm lens is perfect for shooting a variety of subjects, including portraiture, wildlife, and sports.
- "Today is a day you most likely have been waiting for – a huge release of updates to a range of X Series cameras and lenses. Online right now, you will find a total of 18 different updates, which have been released for a line-up of current and older camera bodies and lenses." Learn how to perform a firmware upgrade here and find out what to expect with the latest updates on the Fujifulm blog. The Firmware updates are available to download on the Fuji website.
- Super telephoto zoom lens
- 152 - 609mm (35mm format equivalent)
- Shoot handheld & capture subjects from a distance
- 5.0-stop optical image stabilisation system
- Linear motor ensures quiet, high-speed autofocus
- Compact, lightweight design
- Weather and dust-resistant
- 21 elements in 14 groups with 5 ED lens & 1 super ED lens
Reduced chromatic aberration to help deliver high resolution images
The optical construction of 21 elements in 14 groups, which includes 5 ED lenses and 1 Super ED lens, delivers results comparable to a fluorite lens, and by reducing axial chromatic aberration it produces images full of detail. The maximum magnification is 0.19x, enabling users to shoot telephoto macro images.
Class-leading 5.0-stop image stabilisation
A 5.0-stop image stabilisation system – the most powerful in any super telephoto zoom lens – produces blur-free results even at the maximum telephoto setting of 609mm (35mm equivalent). Also, if panning is detected, the lens automatically switches camera shake correction to the vertical plane only.
Fast and quiet AF thanks to twin linear motors
Twin linear motors are used to deliver fast focusing on moving subjects. The motors are so quiet that the lens is ideal for shooting live music performances and theatre productions. Even faster AF shooting is possible with the focus limiter function, which limits the close focusing point to 5m.
Compact and lightweight design
The FUJINON XF100-400mm f4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR has a weight of less than 1.4kg which reduces the strain of shooting handheld substantially. When mounted to the FUJIFILM X-T1 body, the combined weight is below 2kg. In addition, the weight distribution of the lens when attached to a body makes it feel lighter than it really is.
Water/dust resistance, -10°C low-temperature operation and fluorine coating
The lens features 13 water and dust resistant seals at 12 points, allowing you to shoot with confidence in tough outdoor environments. The fluorine coating applied to the front lens element is water repellent, less susceptible to smudges, and can easily be cleaned.
Lens hood with a polarising filter window and lock mechanism
The lens hood features a sliding window so a polarising filter can still be accessed even when the hood is in place. The hood also features a locking mechanism to keep it securely attached to the lens.
Compatible with the 1.4x Tele converter
The lens offers compatibility with the XF1.4X TC WR tele converter. When attached, it becomes a 140-560mm F6.3-8 or 213-853mm (35mm equivalent). Phase detection AF shooting remains possible, even at F8.
A lens plate (MLP-75XF) compatible with ARCA SWISS tripods is available as an optional extra. This plate is also compatible with the XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR.
Back to top