Ideal for High Definition videography, where consistent and flattering light is an essential ingredient, the Parabeam 410 DMX provides 1000 watt-equivalent of dimmable, colour stable light - all in an energy efficient, cool running and easily maintained package.
Kino Flo ParaBeam 210 DMX - Yoke Mount
The ParaBeam 410 and 210 studio fixtures display about the same amount of soft light as a 2,000 Watt and 1,000 Watt tungsten light, respectively. But ParaBeams only use 1/4th as much power!
Both studio lights utilise Kino Flo True Match high colour rendering lamps (CRI 95).
The soft beam can be focused for a wide variety of set lighting looks, from lighting four people across a news desk to spotting down to a single subject. ParaBeam's features include:
- On-board/remote DMX dimming
- Auto terminate for DMX
- Lamp/Select switching (410 fixture only)
- Parabolic intensifying reflector
- Gel Frame
- Focusing Louver
- True Match daylight, tungsten
- Available in Centre Mount, Yoke Mount and Pole-Op
The ParaBeam is a directional softlight ideally suited for today’s rigorous demands for high quality, colour-correct, cool lighting for HD television. With the introduction of HD broadcasts, it has become highly evident that the quality of light is more critical than ever. Every imperfection and detail of camera talent is now up for scrutiny. Traditional hard light can exaggerate those textural details. Soft light can subdue those same textures and render a more cosmetic appearance.
The ParaBeams afford lighting designers the necessary light control required for a studio environment. The lamps are dimmable from 100% to 5% as well as switchable (turning on/off two lamps at a time) from a lighting board through DMX. The instrument can be tilted and panned as well as rotated to take full advantage of the lateral beam. Varying degrees of louvers (90°, 60°, 45°) reduce the need for barndoors and help create a soft edge.
The sleek profile is well suited for a studio environment. The parabolic reflector design eliminates the necessity of adding intensifiers. In small studios a narrow design also allows other fixtures to operate within close proximity. The fixture is not encumbered with long barndoors or intensifiers. The selection of the appropriate louver 90°, 60° or 45° is more efficient than barndoors.
The ParaBeam has several distinct advantages over conventional quartz softlights, including:
Back to top
- Low amperage draw, energy savings
- Long lamp life, low lamp replacements, low maintenance
- Low operating temperature
- Low air-conditioning costs
- More efficient heat management design for stable colour temperature
- Full spectrum (CRI 95) lamps available in 3200K and 5500K
- Kino Flo lamps also available in 420nm blue and 550nm green for blue and green screen applications
- High colour rendering True Match lamps work well alongside conventional quartz lights or HMIs
- DMX control for stable colour temperature and light level control
- DMX has ‘Auto Terminate’ feature
- Colour gels do not burn out or fade due to lower heat of fixture
- Centre mount for horizontal and vertical axes rotation, Yoke Mount and Pole Operation
- Quick ballast maintenance
- Honeycomb louvers 90°, 60° and 45° reduce the need for barndoors
- Slender design for a less crowded lighting grid
Back to top
||Gel frame, louvre
|Number of Heads
||56 x 30.5 x 75cm