The Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic is a high-quality, 50mm f/3.2 upgraded metal-bodied tilt lens that lets you control depth of field in-camera for an authentic, immersive shooting experience. The lens attaches to your camera body and allows photographers to create images with a sharp slice of focus bordered by silky, smooth blur. The lens body swivels and tilts on a smooth metal ball and socket design, providing a fast and intuitive way to switch between traditional straight lens photos and tilt photography. Using selective focus, shooters can lead the viewers' eyes on a unique journey through landscapes, close-ups, miniature effects, street photography and food photos.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture range from f/3.2 through f/22
- 9blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Flat field of focus optic (when tilted, creates a slice of sharp focus, bordered by blur)
- 50mm f/3.2 flat field of focus optic that when tilted creates a slice of sharp focus, bordered by blur
- Shoot with the lens pointed straight ahead for images like those shot with a high-quality prime lens
- New Composer Pro II lens body features an upgraded metal body for precise tilt and focus control
- Perfect for landscapes, street-photography, close-ups, miniature effects and food photography
- Minimum focusing distance: approximately 8" when the optic is extended forward in closefocus mode
- Maximum focusing distance: Infinity
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 3.25" (8.25 cm) high x 2.5" (6.35cm) wide / 10 oz (283.49 g)
- Tilts from zero to 15 degrees
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- 8 multicoated glass elements, in 6 groups
- 46mm front threads
- Suitable for Canon DSLRs - EF mount
Composer Pro II with Edge 50 Optic is designed for shooters ranging from avid enthusiasts and serious hobbyists to semiprofessional DSLR and mirrorless photographers.
When tilted, the width of the slice of focus depends upon the aperture used. Brighter apertures produce a thin slice of focus with lots of blur to isolate your subject from their surroundings while darker apertures get more of your scene in focus. The placement of the slice of focus is controlled by the degree and direction of tilt. Tilt a little for a subtler effect or a lot to get a crisp slice of focus through your image. Rotating the aperture dial on the front of the lens changes between apertures from f/3.2 through f/22. The Edge 50 also features a special closefocus function. Photographers can extend the front of the optic to focus as close as 8" away from their subject.
The Composer Pro II lens body is part of the Lensbaby Optic Swap System and is compatible with all current optics and accessories. The Edge 50 Optic is part of the Lensbaby Optic Swap System.
Back to top
Back to top
|Filter Thread Size (mm)
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)
||Tilt and Shift
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Number of Lens Elements
|Number of Lens Groups
||6.35 x 8.25 cm
Minimum Focus Distance (m)