The Nikon Prostaff 5 series of binoculars are some of the lightest in its class. With fully multilayer-coated lenses ensure image brightness and a crisp, clear visual experience. All Prostaff 5 lenses and prisms are made with Nikon's 'Eco Glass', which is free of lead and arsenic.
Key Features: Nikon ProStaff 4 12x50 Binoculars
- All-new exterior design
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and clearer viewing
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating ensures superior transmittance uniformity across the visible range, resulting in brighter images and more natural colours
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- Long eye relief design provides a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Close focusing distance: 2.5m
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
- Flip-down objective lens cap
Lightweight Champion of Dawn & Dusk
Even with an uncontested heritage of all-conditions optical performance, the all-new MONARCH 5 further elevates its game with improved agility and advanced low light brilliance. By shaving nearly an ounce of weight from its rugged frame, the new MONARCH 5 is more athletic than ever, while the addition of Nikon ED glass lenses puts it in a class of its own for battling darkness with sharp, high-contrast views.
Nikon's ED Glass Lenses
All MONARCH 5 binoculars are now built with Nikon’s legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses, which correct chromatic aberrations across the furthest limits of the visible light range and effectively compensate for color fringing. Even when observing objects that would make chromatic aberration the most apparent – such as adjacent whites and blacks – the images will maintain superior contrast and resolution thanks to the ED glass lenses. The improved resolution also provides brighter, more natural looking images, making the MONARCH 5 a serious contender to be your “go-to” binocular for years to come.
Almost a full ounce lighter than its predecessors, the new MONARCH 5 is even easier to take with you on your next outing. Its small size, combined with a sleek easy-to-grip body design, makes it the ultimate binocular to carry with you.
Enjoy Comfortable Viewing
Nikon has manufactured the MONARCH 5 binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with a high-eyepoint design. This provides a clear field of view for everyone, even when the user is wearing eyeglasses, with sufficient space between the user’s brow and the binocular’s eyecups.
Greater Light Transmission
Multilayer coatings, which provide an even higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum, are applied to all of the lens and prism surfaces that transmit light. This minimizes the loss of light due to reflection, thereby ensuring a more natural, clearer view.
Rich, Accurate Colors
Applied to all lenses and prism surfaces, this technique provides almost the same brightness as that perceived by the naked eye, and clear high-contrast images that display accurate color reproduction.
Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups
The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups allow users to adjust the eye-relief for a custom fit - providing a full field of view and maximum comfort during extended periods of use.
Durable Rubber-Armored Body
Built to handle any environment, the MONARCH 5 has a rubber-armored coating to withstand extreme use and provide a non-slip grip, even in the wettest conditions.
Smooth Central Focus Knob
With this simple and intuitive design, bringing objects into focus has never been easier.
Waterproof and Fogproof
Back to top
MONARCH 5 binoculars are Nitrogen filled and O-Ring sealed for complete waterproof and fogproof performance.