The latest in the Profoto line of finely designed sources of power for photography. This unit is compatible with Acute and Acute 2 heads as well as the Pro-7 Plus flash head. It features 4 separately controlled outlets for heads, a built-in radio receiver offering reliable wireless sync from up to 300m away, and an 8 f-stop power range to enable subtle lighting effects. Please note that using older Pro-3, Pro-5, Pro-6, PF, PB, or Pro-7 heads may result in overheating due to slower fan speeds in these units.
Profoto D4 Air 1200 Power Pack: Key Features
The D4 Air is a versatile workhorse, crafted to produce large quantities of high-quality images at an extremely high rate and with no variations in power output or colour temperature. It does not offer the extremely short flash durations the Pro generators do, but compensates for this by featuring four independent outputs, controlled by four individual knobs. In other words, working with one D4 is like working with four separate flash packs.
- Capable of producing very large quantities of images at an extremely high rate
- Very stable light output and colour temperature guarantees absolutely consistent results, shot after shot after shot
- Four independent outputs, controlled by four individual knobs, allow for both small and large setups with a single generator
- Wide 8 f-stop power range with precise control in 0.1 f-stop steps
- Unique features such as sequence, delay and interval settings make tricky lighting setups simple
- Wireless sync and control with the Air system
- Energy: 1200 Ws
- Energy Range: 8 f-stops
- Energy Distribution: Full Asymmetrical/Symmetrical
- Asymmetry Range: max. 7,8 f-stops
- Modelling Lamps Total W/Pack (max.): 2000 W
- Modelling Lamp Total W/Head (max.): 500 W
- Modelling Light Modes: Off / Prop / Max / Max prop
- Energy Control Increments: 1/10 or 1/1 f-stop adjustments
- Colour temperature (total power range): Better than +/- 150ºK
- Guide Number @ 2 meters/ISO 100 with Magnum Reflector: 90
Synchronisation and Control
- Sync Socket(s): 2
- Lamp Head socket(s): 4
- Wire Sync Voltage: Compliant to ISO 10330 standard
- Photocell/IR-slave and Switch: Yes
- USB Interface: Yes, remote control and firmware updates
- Radio Sync: Yes, Air Sync & Air Remote
- Radio Remote: Yes, Air Remote
- Radio Range: 300m
- Computer Control: With Profoto Studio Software (Mac a. PC) via Air USB transceiver
- Aux Functions: Sequence, Interval, Delay
- Digital Display: Yes, f-stops, Ws, Aux functions and radio channels
- Fan Cooled: Yes, temperature regulated
- Ready Signals: Yes, ready lamp, beep or buzz sound and/or dimmed model light
- Auto Dumping: Yes
- Recharge Speed Control: Normal/Fast
- Fuse Requirement at max. power and speed setting: Slow blow type D, 10A/230V, 20A/120V Automatic fuse type D, 10A/230V 20A/120V
Back to top
- Dimensions: 29cm x 28cm x 20cm / 11.6 inch x 11.2 inch x 8 inch
- Weight: 10 kg / 22 lbs
Back to top
|For Use With
||Profoto D4 and some Pro Heads
||Sync cable, Power cable, Profoto Studio Software
||29 x 28 x 20
Buy Now Pay Later
With our no deposit Buy Now Pay Later option, pay nothing for six months when you spend £250 or more, then either settle the cash price in full by paying a £29.00 settlement fee, or choose to spread the cost over 36 months at 19.9% APR Representative. Please see the repayment example below to see how much purchasing this item on finance would cost.
|Item Value (Cash Price)
|Total Amount Credit
||35 x £257.47
|Total Amount Payable
|Annual Rate of Interest
Are you eligible for finance?
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 years or older from the application date
- In permanent UK residence for a minimum of three years
- Fulfil at least one of the following employment criteria:
- In regular, permanent employment.
- Retired from regular employment - With a minimum age of 50.
- Not working through disability.
Note: All applicants will be subject to a credit reference check by the lender.
Credit is subject to application and status. Warehouse Express Ltd trading as Wex Photographic act as credit broker and not the lender. Barclays Partner Finance act as the lender.
Can I repay early? If so how?
No repayments are scheduled in the initial six-month deferral period. However, it is possible to pay off the loan, either by way of a lump sum or in smaller amounts. If the loan is fully repaid within the six-month deferral period, then no interest is payable, but a £29.00 early-settlement will be incurred. Such repayments may be made to Barclays Partner Finance by cheque, debit card or standing order. Unfortunately it is not possible to set up a direct debit within the deferral period. Further information on how to make such repayments will be set out in the loan agreement pack provided by Barclays Partner Finance.
What happens if I don't repay within the first six months (deferral period)?
Following the six month deferral period, Barclays Partner Finance will initiate a monthly direct debit payment for the remaining duration of the loan. Interest will be charged at a rate of 19.9% APR on outstanding balances (backdated to the first date of the loan). Late payment penalties and early repayment charges will apply from this point. Barclays Partner Finance will send a reminder letter approximately one month before the six month deferral period is due to elapse. Note: If you chose to spread the cost and pay monthly, interest is charged from the start of the loan, not from the start of the repayment period.
What will I receive from the finance provider (lender)?
Barclays Partner Finance will send a loan agreement pack approximately four weeks after delivery of the goods, confirming that the account has been activated and, from this point, it is possible to make repayments against the loan.
For further information on how our finance product work, see our Finance help section.
Back to top
† Once your application has been accepted, usually within minutes, we will immediately dispatch your equipment.