Simple to use and extremely portable, the Theta S spherical digital camera from Ricoh allows you to capture 360° stills and videos with a single click. The Theta S features dual 12-megapixel 1/2.3" image sensors and twin f2.0 lenses to deliver high-resolution 14.4 megapixel spherical still images and Full HD 1080p video at 30fps. The Theta S is also capable of streaming live footage via its built-in USB or HDMI port.
Key Features: Ricoh Theta S
Further expanding the possibilities of 360° photography. Equipped with even more advanced functions.
- Captures 360° spherical images/videos
- Slim, pocketsized, and easy-to-use
- 1/2.3 12-megapixel CMOS sensor x2
- Twin lens system with F2.0 lens
- Full HD video capture at 30fps
- Long Exposure - 1/6400sec to 60 seconds
- Live Streaming via USB or HDMI
- Built-in Wi-Fi for Live View and control
- 8GB memory
- ISO 100-1600 (stills, video, live streaming)
- Google Maps/Street View compatible
High Resolution/Full HD
- High-spec model that captures all of the surprises and beauty from 360°
- Beauty as far as the eye can see, and a breathtaking sense of presence making you feel you are "right there, right now"
- From still images to long movies (max. 25 minutes long), record your memories in a vivid, high resolution 360° world.
- The new RICOH THETA S gives you even higher quality and performance.
Further expanding the possibilities of 360° photography
Equipped with even more advanced functions:
Share all the surprises of the world of video in real time. 360° images can now be streamed live!
Check the exposure and white balance while shooting using the dedicated smartphone app
Shutter speed can be set from 1/6400 to 60 seconds
Still images: (L) Approx. 1600, (M) approx. 9000.
Video (total recording time): (L) approx. 65 minutes, (M) approx. 175 minutes*8
Premium & elegant. Refined body design.
- Injection molding
- Still image/video capture switching button
- 44mm (W) x 130mm (H) x 22.9mm (17.9mm *) (D) * Excluding lens section
- Approx. 125g
- Minimum focusing: Approx. 10cm - 8 (from front of lens)
- Shooting Mode: Still image: Auto, shutter priority, ISO priority*5,manual / Video: Auto
- Exposure: Auto
- Exposure Compensation: Still image: Manual compensation (-2.0 - +2.0EV, 1/3EV step)*5
- ISO: Still image: ISO 100 to 1600 / Video: ISO 100 to 1600 / Live streaming: ISO100 - 1600
- White Balance: Still image: Auto, Outdoor, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent light 1, Incandescent light 2, Daylight color fluorescent light, Natural white fluorescent light, White fluorescent light, Light bulb color fluorescent light *5 / Video: Auto / Live streaming: Auto
- Shutter Speed: Still image: 1/6400 - 1/8 second (in auto, ISO priority or shutter priority modes), 1/6400 - 60 seconds (in manual mode) / Video: 1/8000 - 1/30 second (in 1920 x 1080 video size), 1/8000 - 1/15 second (in 1280 x 720 video size) / Live streaming: 1/8000 - 1/15 second
- Recording medium: Internal, approximately 8GB
- Storage Capacity: Still image: Approx. 1,600 images when image size is 5376 x 2688, approx. 9,000 images when image size is 2048 x 1024 / Video (timer per recording): Max. 25 minutes or less than 4GB*6 / Video (total recording time): Approx. 65 minutes with 1920 x 1080 video size, approx. 175 minutes with 1280 x 720 video size
- Power: Lithium ion battery (built in)*2
- Battery life: Approx. 260 photos*3
- Image file format: Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.3), DCF2.0 compliant, / Video: MP4 (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
- External Interface: Micro USB terminal: USB 2.0 / HDMI-Micro terminal (Type-D)
- Dimensions: 44 mm (W) x 130 mm (H) x 22.9 mm (17.9 mm*4 )(D)
- Weight: 125g
- Usage temperature: 0°C - 40°C
- Usage humidity: 90% or less
- Storage temperature: -20°C - 60°C
*1 The number of photos and time are guides only. The actual number differs according to the photography conditions.
Back to top
*2 Charge the battery by connecting it to a PC using the supplied USB cable.
*3 The number of photos that can be taken is a guide based on RICOH's measurement method (wireless on, one photo taken every 30 seconds and transferred to smartphone). The actual number differs according to usage conditions.
*4 Excluding lens section.
*5 A smartphone is required to change modes or configure manual settings.
*6 Automatic shut down if the internal temperature increases.
*7 Camera firmware needs to be updated to the newest version (Version 01.30 or higher).
*8 Automatic shut down if the internal temperature increases.
Back to top
||Lithium ion battery (built in)
||Micro USB terminal: USB 2.0, HDMI-Micro terminal (Type-D), Wi-Fi
||+/- 2 EV / 1/3 steps
||Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.3), DCF2.0 compliant, Video: MP4 (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)
|Maximum Aperture – Tele
|Maximum Aperture – Wide
|Memory Card Format
||8GB internal memory
||5376 x 2688
|Shutter Speed Max
|Shutter Speed Min
||44 x 130 x 22.9 mm
HD Movie Mode