Perfect for on-set monitoring and post production use, the 17-inch SmallHD 1703 P3 Studio Monitor boasts reference grade cinema colour accuracy, delivering 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 colour space. Built to last, the monitor features an aluminium chassis with four-sided rubber protection, a 450 NITs brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 178° viewing angle, 8-bit colour depth, and 16:9 1920x1080 resolution.
Key Features: SmallHD 1703 P3 Studio Monitor (SHD-MON1703P3)
- Construction: Full Anodized Aluminum Chassis with Four Sided Rubber Impact Protection for LCD Panel
- Panel Type: IPS LCD
- Size Diagonal: 17
- Brightness: 450 Nits
- Resolution: 1920x1080
- Gamut: 100% DCI-P3
- Colour Depth: True 10 bit
- Pixel Density (PPI): 133 ppi
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Active Area: 16.52
- Contrast: 1500:1
- Backlight Type: White LED
- Viewing Angle: 178 degrees Vertical and Horizontal
- Adjustable Backlight: Yes - 0 - 100 in 6 steps with 100-nit studio mode
- Temperature Adaptive Color: No
- HDMI: 1 x Input, 1 x Output
- SDI: 2 x 3G Inputs (BNC), 2 x 3G Outputs (BNC)
- Custom LUTS: Yes - Loadable as Looks on Pages or as Systemwide Colour Calibration via the settings menu
- Mount Points: Multiple 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 Threads on Top, Bottom, Left & Right Sides. Cold Shoe Style Rails on Back of Monitor. Available Chesseplate for battery bracket mounting. Available Rapid Rail Mount Interfaces with cold shoe slots for 2 additional 1/4"-20 threads
- Cross Conversion: Yes: HDMI - SDI & SDI - HDMI
Reference Grade Cinema Colour
Each 1703-P3 monitor comes precalibrated for DCI-P3 mastering, Covering 100% DCI-P3 with a Delta E average of 0.8. Easily install your own 3D LUT calibration with advanced color management solutions like Light Illusion's, LightSpace CMS, or SpectraCal's CalMAN. Load any 3D LUT via SD card using SmallHD’s ColorFlow 3D LUT engine.
Software That Eliminates Hardware
Pagebuilder OS enables you to send your video signal downstream via the Output Preview page. Any LUTs applied to the Output Preview page will also be mirrored downstream. Easily convert HDMI/SDI signals with Cross Conversion.
HD Scopes with Pixel Accurate Data Analysis
Display up to three, fully customizable Scopes on screen at a time. Utilize Color Picker to show raw pixel values from the displayed video.
Expose with Confidence
Exposure Assist supports both ARRI and Spectrum based false color, with built in IRE guides for reference. Utilize 2x Zebra to warn you when reaching a brightness level of your choosing. This is great for matching exposure across shots and cameras.
Monitor two input sources simultaneously. You can apply LUT’s and tools to each source individually. Great for monitoring A/B cameras or pre and post LUT footage. You can also apply tools to each page individually.
Custom Focus Assist & Peaking Tools
Focus assist creates a bright highlight on in-focus subject matter; highly recommended when focusing on the fly. Focus Peaking increases the image sharpness allowing more detailed focusing. Change your color and intensity of your focus tools.
Versatile Image Framing
Select standard markers and safety areas that can be overlaid on the display as lines or matte overlays with custom opacity level and colors. Default aspect ratios include 4:3, 1.85, 2.39:1, 16:9 and Custom (user selectable).
1703-P3 Overview: 17-inch monitor with P3 color accuracy
Back to top