The Sony Alpha A7 delivers all of the advantages of a 35mm full frame image sensor and lens interchangeability in a truly compact body. The Sony A7 sports a 24 megapixel sensor into a beautifully crafted, robust magnesium alloy body and is the first compact system camera in the Sony E-mount range to feature a full-frame sensor. The intuitive layout and ergonomic design makes composing your shots through the bright, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder or via the high-contrast 3.0” tiltable LCD screen a breeze. The powerful BIONZ X image processor and responsive hybrid autofocus system ensure beautifully rendered, sharp and accurate results for both stills and Full HD videos, even in low light. The Sony Alpha A7 also supports Wi-fi and NFC connectivity for wireless image transfer to a smartphone or tablet.
- Sony have announced their first CSCs to offer full-frame sensors, in the shape of the Sony A7 and A7R. The new models are almost identical, with only a few (significant) internal differences between the two. View the full article here...»
- The last few years have played host to arguably the most significant development in the digital camera market we’ve seen yet – that is, the introduction of the Compact System Camera. In this buying guide we take a closer look at all the things you need to consider when choosing one. View the full article here...»
- Full-frame compact system camera
- 24.3 MP Exmor CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X processor
- Advanced Hybrid AF: phase-detect and contrast-detect AF
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder
- Dust/moisture-resistant magnesium alloy body
- Full HD (1920x1080 - 60p/25p) movie recording with audio level control and clean HDMI output
- 4K photo output and support for TRILUMINOS Display
- 3.0" tiltable LCD, 1.23million dots
- NFC and Wi-Fi
- ISO 100-25,600
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- 30-1/8000sec. shutter speed range
- Ideal primary camera for enthusiasts seeking expert-level results and control
- Perfect second camera for professionals
- Takes Sony E-mount lenses
The Sony A7/A7R Official Video
Bigger sensor, even more professional pictures:
The full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor is same size as a 35mm film frame. It’s more than twice the area of the APS-C image sensor in many DSLR cameras, and many times larger than your ordinary compact camera’s sensor. Capturing far more light, it’s the key to flawless, pro-quality pictures. You’ll really see the difference with superb detail, colour and contrast, plus dramatically reduced image noise.
An eye for the finest details:
From atmospheric portraits to dramatic landscapes and vibrant street scenes – discover a new world of detail with the full-frame a7 with 24.3 effective megapixels. The a7R takes you to even greater heights of creative expression with its full-frame 36.4 effective megapixel sensor and no optical low-pass filter. You’ll experience uncompromising clarity in every frame.
Don’t miss those once-in-a-lifetime picture opportunities. Fast Intelligent AF works in conjunction with the powerful new BIONZ X image processor to deliver blazingly quick, accurate autofocus that effortlessly tracks moving objects. The a7 adds Hybrid AF technology to freeze fast-moving athletes, wildlife or lively children with a crisply-focused burst of images at up to 5 frames per second. (NB: a7R max. shooting speed is 4 fps).
Beauty in your hand:
It’s a game-changing blend of power and portability that serious photographers have been waiting for. Crafted in tough magnesium alloy, dust and moisture resistant and weighing just 407g, the a7R is the world’s smallest, lightest 35mm full-frame interchangeable-lens camera. * “World’s smallest and lightest” refers to model a7R. Information correct as of 16th October 2013 and refers to commercially available products intended for consumer use.
Always in control:
Frame shots through the high-contrast, detail-packed XGA OLED Tru-Finder. Tilt the bright 3.0-type 921K dot LCD for a different perspective, high or low. Craft the perfect image with comfortably-placed buttons and dials – 9 customizable buttons and 45 assignable functions. Add accessories with the Multi Interface Shoe and broaden your horizons even further.
For serious movie makers:
Shoot flawless Full HD video at up to 50 progressive frames per second, with full P/A/S/M exposure control. View your footage live as it’s being recorded on an external monitor screen, just like a film director would. Pro-style movies deserve sound to match: fine-tune your audio with adjustable record levels and metering.
Easy sharing, no wires:
Connect with Wi-Fi and transfer photos wirelessly to your iPad, iPhone or Android smartphone. And if you’re using an Xperia™ or NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet, just one touch is all it takes to connect with your mobile. Install PlayMemories Mobile Version 3.0 on your phone and use it as a handy remote to fire the camera’s shutter.
The Sony A7 Sample Images
Back to top