The Tiffen 77mm Indie Neutral Density Filter Kit is designed to optimise your outdoor shooting experience. Included are four filters, a 1-stop (0.3), 2-stop (0.6), 3-stop (0.9) and 4-stop (1.2) set of ND filters. Using these filters permits you to use slower shutter speeds that can produce blurred effects of nature, sports or any action you choose, i.e. flowing water, cars etc. This combination of ND filters gives you the freedom to make some unique and effective images that would ordinarily not be possible. Tiffen uses the highest quality glass that contains an anti-glare and anti-reflective coating.
The Tiffen Indie Neutral Density Filter Kit
Often it is necessary or desirable to control the light intensity within a given frame. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed. A neutral density filter will allow you to retain exposure control but will not affect the color of the image.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- Enables slow shutter speeds to be used with high speed ISO ratings; create dramatic images with blurred movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars.
- Permits greater creative control by allowing wider apertures to be used which helps separate subjects from their background
Reduces the amount of light entering the lens - allows use of slower shutter speeds with higher ISO settings on digital cameras, high-speed films, video and cine cameras
- It is always difficult to use film, digital or video cameras under bright light conditions such as snow, sand or other bright scenes since these conditions can easily cause overexposure. This filter removes the challenge of recording images under these conditions by permitting the photographer to control the proper exposure while still maintaining creative control
Back to top
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
Back to top
|Thread Size (mm)